Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire view of the City of Angels

Love the music, very well done but sometimes its too dark, he says he didnt touch the footage i think he should, it would look even better. The night shots are great. :)

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I hope for you that the FAA is not inspecting this video.

There a lot of illegal, irresponsible flying in it!!

Ton
It amazes me all the people that just look at the pictures or in this case video ;) and well I guess you didn't read the post!!!! Said it wasn't me for I live in Ohio. And I guess it's a good thing your the UAS police lol and as for irresponsible even though it is not me flying it looks pretty controlled .

It amazes me all the people that just look at the pictures or in this case video ;) and well I guess you didn't read the post!!!! Said it wasn't me for I live in Ohio. And I guess it's a good thing your the UAS police lol and as for irresponsible even though it is not me flying it looks pretty controlled .

You are right. It wasn't you. My fault. But when I'm sitting safely behind my monitor and looking at video's like this I put my big "UAS POLICE" badge on.:mad:

Ton

Last edited:
I can't believe that people are judging other people here when they post footage. If you buy a quadcopter / UAV with a camera what is the purpose of such a vehicle? It is to shoot video and photos. What are you doing on this forum if you don't like the footage? I would suggest that you buy a replica static model with flashing lights and keep it on your shelf to look at! Now if you people don't want to shoot footage where humans are what is the point of the UAV? I sure didn't buy a quadcopter to go into the wilderness away from humans every time I want to fly it?

I don't have the courage to fly it so near to buildings and people - I can see the risk but to criticize other people is like cursing everybody who breaks the speed limit on the road. I could crticize every Rally tournament, every Aerial Air display etc.. anything that posed a risk.

The regulator will make the rules as soon as UAV's comes into the public domain and become mainstream. There is money to be made in taxes. Don't for a second think that if this community behaves they will turn a blind eye on this agenda. Yes they maybe looking for a excuse but life is not that simple. As soon as the opportunity arises they will want the slice of the action - we had it historically with the motor car, alcohol and tobacco , drugs etc.. just to name a few.

If people behave, therés no need for rules.

There is a big difference in safety, in case of airplanes and quadcopters.
Flying a 3kg Inspire 1 over a crowd of people in the city with a lot of interference,
is not only foolish. It is incredibly stupid.

Have seen several flyaways, due to interference and the day someone gets a 3kg
drone in the head, rules comes quickly.

So, fly safely. If not, the rules comes as a letter in the mail.

I see we have another UAS cop lol I think last time I checked we were adults here and free to make our own choices whether right or wrong? Not sure if your in the USA where we have the ability to make choices :D all I did was shared a video and if you think your comments will keep rules from coming you're wrong because the rules are already coming. This is what makes a forum not worth coming to. Trolls who wanna be police hiding behind a computer screens.

Safety is paramount - not against the principle. My thoughts are that the 'drone' is by its very design is an unsafe vehicle. It is not meant to be flown out of sight according to RC Hobby regulations but all the equipment on it allows it to be flown well out out of sight for miles. It is not built to FAA/ CAA other regulator standards and is operated by people who have no formal qualification. The cost of the equipment is not typical of airworthy equipment where resilience is factored several times over with backups of failsafes.

Very interesting debate ... if people think that the only people who will fly 'drones' are hobbyists running around with their toys I think they haven't really given much thought how this market is opening up. I suspect over the coming years other interested parties / players will enter this arena. They will look at commercial applications, security applications, entertainment etc..

At this stage there are only a few in the select group of 'drone operators' - as the cost of ownership comes down, the complexity of the vehicles increase enabling much more automated tasks to be done this market will open up to so many different sectors I doubt that all the regulators all over the world are going to turn a blind eye. I have always held the view that they 'will act in our best interest' and legislate to protect the 'citizen' from harm. This will add cost, extra layers of bureaucracy and restrictions of what can be done with the UAV. I am going to enjoy the freedom I have while I can safely.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips