Inspire X3 not compatible with OSMO handle

It's the Inspire one roll out debacle all over again. The Christmas or New Year that never was. This time I ordered the handle and all the do dads that go with it and if I have this thing in my hand by Christmas I will be surprised for sure. I ain't gonna let DJI do me again this time.....I am having patients and expecting nothing from them guys....or girls....or whatever.

I thought the OSMO used it's own firmware with in the Go App. In the app better known as the DJI GO App, It should have had a selection for this. Nice tutorial on the OSMO though. I hope it will be there soon! We can only hope! At least by the holidays!

Last edited:
Hear is the answer from DJI yesterday:

Firmware support for the Inspire 1, Zenmuse X3 gimbal and camera will be released at the end of November. Stay tuned.

This's kind of good news for us. And we just hope they can make it sooner. mayby i will have an osmo handle before the update released

Just reset the camera in I1

it was the same for me, this afternoon in the fields I had to fly
with my iPad blocked upside down to see the real picture ;-)
so I followed your advice and it worked great,
Osmo and I1 camera view all back to normal.
Thanks a lot « badbiggz »
Not a problem...Glad to help a fellow owner

Will the OSMO X3 work on the Inspire 1? Not sure why I'd want to but just asking.
No it will not work on the Inspire, because the construction and orientation of gimbal arms is different on the Osmo X3 v. the Inspire X3.

My OSMO ships today, hopefully I will have it by Friday before I leave for Hawaii for Thanksgiving and Xmas with my family and flying and filming

Any updates on this matter? I have found someone who's willing to sell me just the Osmo handle kit because they broke the camera. Are we just waiting for the firmware update? It otherwise fits on fine?

Any updates on this matter? I have found someone who's willing to sell me just the Osmo handle kit because they broke the camera. Are we just waiting for the firmware update? It otherwise fits on fine?

I don't have an Osmo but I believe the latest firmware update for the Inspire has the upgrade in it for using the Inspire X3 on the handle. As for whether it all works, I haven't seen any posts yet

I don't have an Osmo but I believe the latest firmware update for the Inspire has the upgrade in it for using the Inspire X3 on the handle. As for whether it all works, I haven't seen any posts yet
You would be correct, However,I have tried them both and so far no issues. You will have to re calibrate the X3 from your I1 after it's attached to the OSMO.. Remember the OSMO X3 is not compatible with the Inspire 1.

Last edited:
I also got the inspire x3 to work on the osmo. In some ways it actually works better than the Osmo x3 since I can now record in 4096 24p without the camera crashing.

Reactions: Kilrah
They're different because the Inspire X3 is designed to have a longer focal point and deeper depth of field than the Osmo X3 I believe. I imagine DJI are holding off on releasing the handle only till the firmware is ready

Reactions: online421

Hi there, I just got my Inspire and want to get the Osmo handle for the x3 camera. Has DJI come out with a compatible firmware as of July 2017?

Thanks for your help