Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspired in Mozambique

I'd really like to spend a few hours with you and pick your brain on how you conduct your shots and editing. If you are ever in SoCal hit me up and in exchange for your time I'll fly us to Catalina for the 100 dollar burger :)

I'd really like to spend a few hours with you and pick your brain on how you conduct your shots and editing. If you are ever in SoCal hit me up and in exchange for your time I'll fly us to Catalina for the 100 dollar burger :)
done!

Another beautiful place worth visiting. Hope you enjoy it:

Hey RemoteRider...

This video is awesome. I'm from Mozambique and just recently started flying my company's Inspire 1. Your footage is just awesome. Flying your inspire in that area (Inhambane I'm guessing), did you run into any issues with the authorities? A have a friend who is a pilot and according to him, the authorities here don't allow drone flying at all. I have done a few flights but it's all in the most discreet way.

Anyways, just wondering.

did you run into any issues with the authorities? A have a friend who is a pilot and according to him, the authorities here don't allow drone flying at all. I have done a few flights but it's all in the most discreet way.

No issues at all. All flights were done with the full blessing local police officials, land owners and park wardens... This said, they were more interested in trying to collect the "professional filming licence" fee rather than any security / safety issues.

There are so many people with their hands in my pocket, I can't get my own hand in there any more! :confused:

Same here... but that's because I have meanwhile learned to stitch them closed, hahaha. But seriously, the people of Mozambique are real nice folks!

Same here... but that's because I have meanwhile learned to stitch them closed, hahaha. But seriously, the people of Mozambique are real nice folks!

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply they weren't nice.

I am curious, though. How did they define "professional filming"? I can understand if someone is brining in an entire crew of 15, 20 or more people with tons of equipment and a score of vehicles. That can have an severe impact on the surroundings. It's hard to imagine how one or two people with a 6.5 pound quad could do much damage. Possible, I guess, but highly unlikely.

Actually, you did them a favor! Think of all the free advertising they've enjoyed as a result of your video.

How did they define "professional filming"?

Well technically, any video is considered as being "professional". So I said to them that anybody with an iPhone should be considered as a "professional", lol. Anyway, after spending a few minutes explaining that I am merely a tourist making videos as a hobby, they were all cool. In fact, they wanted a copy of the footage for themselves... Turns out the head of Police himself dropped in for a visit (very nice chap) and was fascinated by the technology. So in short, the little Inspire turned out to be a real door opener to meet interesting people! :D

Quite honestly, consider yourself lucky. It could had gone south real quick. I'm sure you made it easier for all future tourists going there with drones.

Regarding the professional license. All filming for commercial purpose must be approved by the National Cinema Institute. You pay about 100USD for the license and they give you a letter saying your are approved for filming. You go to the local authorities and present them just so they know. Most of the times, the reason people run into issues is due to the ignorance of the locals. Most people in Mozambique don't understand what a drone is. We have had recent armed conflicts and people are easily scared. They see a drone flying they think it's military, or someone spying. It's a touchy issue. The reactions I have had while flying at night would suprise you. Ladies leaving their homes in pijamas because they thought they were being attacked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters