Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Instead of needing "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" just to peacefully watch 4k videos of natural landscape on my 720p dusplay, please help me add pinc

Reaction score
Instead of needing "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" just to peacefully watch 4k videos of natural landscape on my 720p dusplay, please help me add pinch-and-pan to VLC. Only VLC supports keyboards in Android.

Instead of needing "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" just to peacefully watch 4k videos of natural landscape on my 720p dusplay, please help me add pinch-and-pan to VLC. Only VLC supports keyboards in Android.
Sounds like a feature request. What makes you think drone pilots can add features to Android apps???? That's like trying to buy an alternator for your Ford truck at the CVS Pharmacy. There's "barking up the wrong tree," and then there's this.

Glad you found the VLC Wiki Page! Perfect.

D

Last edited:
Sounds like a feature request. What makes you think drone pilots can add features to Android apps???? That's like trying to buy an alternator for your Ford truck at the CVS Pharmacy. There's "barking up the wrong tree," and then there's this.

Glad you found the VLC Wiki Page! Perfect.

D
I doubt that the dedicated VLC developers will bother adding a feature that is useful almost exclusively to drone pilots, so I asked fellow drone pilots to help me write the patch and submit a pull request.

I doubt that the dedicated VLC developers will bother adding a feature that is useful almost exclusively to drone pilots, so I asked fellow drone pilots to help me write the patch and submit a pull request.
Write the patch? So you DO believe drone pilots are software developers. They are not. Half of them post questions on how to USE the software. Forget writing it.

Instead of reinventing the wheel by trying to make software do what you want, why not just find software that ALREADY does what you want??? I use K-lite. It already Zooms and moves (digital pan and tilt) and stretches and scrubs and slows video and speeds up video and jumps video with a myriad of other features - all accessible via hotkeys.

Help with a pull request? Request to whom? VLC is Open Source.

And finally, your particular feature request isn't drone pilot centric. LOTS of people need (and use) those features.

I dumped VLC about a decade ago for K-lite Megapack. K-lite does "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" without a problem. As an added bonus, it's very lightweight, so tends to play 4K video on even older, marginal machines. I find VLC to be more resource-heavy. Ergo, I install K-lite on every computer I build and/or tune.

You're welcome.

D

Write the patch? So you DO believe drone pilots are software developers. They are not. Half of them post questions on how to USE the software. Forget writing it.

Instead of reinventing the wheel by trying to make software do what you want, why not just find software that ALREADY does what you want??? I use K-lite. It already Zooms and moves (digital pan and tilt) and stretches and scrubs and slows video and speeds up video and jumps video with a myriad of other features - all accessible via hotkeys.

Help with a pull request? Request to whom? VLC is Open Source.

And finally, your particular feature request isn't drone pilot centric. LOTS of people need (and use) those features.

I dumped VLC about a decade ago for K-lite Megapack. K-lite does "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" without a problem. As an added bonus, it's very lightweight, so tends to play 4K video on even older, marginal machines. I find VLC to be more resource-heavy. Ergo, I install K-lite on every computer I build and/or tune.

You're welcome.

D
Thank you! Where can I get K-lite for Android?

Thank you! Where can I get K-lite for Android?
No program or app will allow you to "slow" a live feed. So that's out of the question. Your objective of "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" is very vague. And then your request to "pinch zoom" (which is done with the fingers), but then assert that "Only VLC supports keyboards in Android" is very confusing. "Pinching" is a hand gesture.

AFAIK nobody allows digital zooming for a live feed.

But here's the link you requested:

D

No program or app will allow you to "slow" a live feed. So that's out of the question. Your objective of "Slow Motion Video Zoom Player" is very vague. And then your request to "pinch zoom" (which is done with the fingers), but then assert that "Only VLC supports keyboards in Android" is very confusing. "Pinching" is a hand gesture.

AFAIK nobody allows digital zooming for a live feed.
This is for the videos that are recorded from the drone. Sorry for confusing you. Let me try to word it better for you: zoom in and pan the video while I am playing the video back, instead of needing to modify the video in Sony Vegas or whatever.

But here's the link you requested:

D
Did you read the title?
There is nothing for Android on the page you linked to.

This is for the videos that are recorded from the drone. Sorry for confusing you. Let me try to word it better for you: zoom in and pan the video while I am playing the video back, instead of needing to modify the video in Sony Vegas or whatever.
One, coherent, complete sentence would really just bring this home. I'll just take guesses at every possible scenario.

Assuming you're removing the MicroSD card, putting it in your Desktop computer and playing the video in that environment, K-Lite will do everything I said it would do, including zoom and pan.

Assuming you're NOT removing the MicroSD card, LEAVING it in the drone and playing the video on your tablet FROM the drone, that's just asinine. You can play back the video. You can't digitally manipulate it or, god forbid, edit it.

Assuming you're removing the MicroSD card, putting it in your Android device and playing the video in that environment, that's just asinine. Don't do that. But if you insist, here are the links to K-Lite for Android.
1664309961738.png

Did you read the title?
Yes.

There is nothing for Android on the page you linked to.
See screenshot for search results.

Seriously, purchase a PC and view your videos there. I have an HP Laptop I utilized for the purpose of showing footage to DP's on set. I knew all the hotkeys, so requests like "Can you zoom this?" were accomplished quickly and easily in seconds. Tablets are great for watching your FPV video in real time. Use a PC to preview, digitally manipulate, and edit footage post flight.

D

Last edited:
I,m kinda dum about some of the playback software but i sure would like to be able to play slow motion video easy and one you could zoom in would be awesome on windows 10 is that possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela