Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insurance for multiple drones

Reaction score
Website
www.intheairphotography.com
...so I've got a nice insurance policy for my I2 - required here in Minnesota - but it only covers me flying my I2. I asked the agent about insuring a second drone, and the cost would be twice as much! Anyone aware of drone liability insurance that covers the pilot on any drone, or that makes it cheaper to insure two drones?

Yes, it is pretty economical. To save those of you who don't want to go through the whole application process, the level I had quoted was $500,00 liability and aircraft coverage. Total was $400/yr. That's pretty affordable, especially if your DJI Care Refresh has expired. Then if you want more liability insurance, just do the "per hour" thing and get $2M or so if you need extra liability peace of mind.

BTW, I only did one drone. I think you might want to call them about two drones. I'd guess that since you only fly one at a time usually, the liability would cover both and an additional surcharge would add the coverage for the 2nd drone aircraft frame. Just a guess but makes some sense.

Yes, it is pretty economical. To save those of you who don't want to go through the whole application process, the level I had quoted was $500,00 liability and aircraft coverage. Total was $400/yr. That's pretty affordable, especially if your DJI Care Refresh has expired. Then if you want more liability insurance, just do the "per hour" thing and get $2M or so if you need extra liability peace of mind.

BTW, I only did one drone. I think you might want to call them about two drones. I'd guess that since you only fly one at a time usually, the liability would cover both and an additional surcharge would add the coverage for the 2nd drone aircraft frame. Just a guess but makes some sense.
If you're talking about the AMA coverage, it covers the pilot, not the drone, so you're covered no matter what drone you fly. It costs minimum $400/year, plus $75/year to join the AMA :)

Yes, I was referring to the AMA coverage. That's actually even better and thanks for the clarification. I do see that there is 10% deductible for the aircraft and coverage is 7% per $1000 of value. It's still pretty reasonable considering.

'roblevine' seems to be on top of AMA's coverage but from what I read, they only cover you if you are FAA Certified. I believe they listed 3 Certifications and one of them was Part-107. So I think the answer is "yes" and "only" commercial operators.

It looks like Hill & Usher only covers craft damage in it's sitting on the ground turned off. Maybe it's coming though.

I grabbed the following from their website:
-----------------Aircraft and Camera Coverage While On Location (Take Off, Landing, & In Flight Damage not currently available)----------------

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds