Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOS App released

Does this new app include all the additional no fly zones dji was talking about lately? Or the new settings where just outside a no fly zone you can only fly 20M at first? My gf lives 4 miles from a very small airport and I sometimes do low test flights in her yard. Also there's something else I've been meaning to get footage of that's about 150 ft high just outside a no fly zone.

If it is a small airport does it have ATC? If not it is probably not included. The Class A or International Airports have a 5 mile height restricted zone. That means at 5 miles the height is 400' at 1.8 miles it drops to 35'. Inside 1.8 miles it is the true no fly zone and you cannot arm your motors. I hope that helps.

I noticed there is a new setting for the camera that enables hardware decode. Anyone know what that does?

Thanks.

I upgraded with 0.9.2 installed and everything works fine. I did make sure to sync my flight data up to the cloud first just in case.

Thank you DJI!

This is one less thing to have to listen to all the whiners without patience. And now they all will change face again....."yea, I had faith in DJI all along. That's because I got what I wanted now."

Although not perfect, DJI puts out the best product in this market!

Reactions: diverreb
I noticed there is a new setting for the camera that enables hardware decode. Anyone know what that does?

Thanks.

I noticed on my iPad Air, that the video was rather choppy initially. When I turned "Hardware Decode" on, it smoothed out.

However, I did notice more funkiness with the video feed. Got random green blips (lasting for a second or so), and some artifacts, as well as a couple freezes (in the video, not the app).

Also noticed that every time I hit the "Home" button on the app after using the Flight Simulator, it crashed, and took a couple tries to re-establish the link.

Works fine on my IPAD AIR 2 and IPAD Mini 2, both running OIS 8.+ also, my IPHONE 5S as well at IOS 8.x ...

I don't use the IPHONE with Inspire. It's to small of display.

Enjoy Pilot v1.0 now!

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I just clicked on the app and it treated it as a regular upgrade over v0.91. No need to delete and install. In fact, I'd be worried this would erase all the data.

If it is a small airport does it have ATC? If not it is probably not included. The Class A or International Airports have a 5 mile height restricted zone. That means at 5 miles the height is 400' at 1.8 miles it drops to 35'. Inside 1.8 miles it is the true no fly zone and you cannot arm your motors. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the clarification Ed! I was worried I wouldn't be able to take off at all within 5 miles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela