Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IPad Air 2 wifi + GPS vs iPad Air wifi + external GPS

Which gives better a signal for IN functions like Follow me
Forgot to say both tablets are Air 2
So basically what is the better buy for the functions, iPad Air 2 wifi with built in GPS or iPad Air 2 wifi only with external Bluetooth GPS device like
Dual XGPS 160 or Bad Elf GPS Pro 2200 or 2300 for instance...
Thanks for any help..
I mainly want to use the follow me feature and understand I need stronger GPS for follow me and believe the other IN functions don't really require external GPS and that the internal GPS in the remote control is adequate.

Forgot to say both tablets are Air 2
So basically what is the better buy for the functions, iPad Air 2 wifi with built in GPS or iPad Air 2 wifi only with external Bluetooth GPS device like
Dual XGPS 160 or Bad Elf GPS Pro 2200 or 2300 for instance...
Thanks for any help..
I mainly want to use the follow me feature and understand I need stronger GPS for follow me and believe the other IN functions don't really require external GPS and that the internal GPS in the remote control is adequate.

Given the price delta between the same model iPad Air 2 with and without cellular is $130 the idea of spending $150-$250 to get the same functionality just doesn't add up.

If you're going to get an iPad Air 2 and you want the gps functionality, seems like the best solution is the iPad Air 2 with cellular. You don't need to buy a cellular plan to have access to the gps as far as I can tell.

Brian

Thanks. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
I will purchase an Air 2 with Cellular.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg