Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad Air 2 with Inspire 1

Except for a few Apple apps like the clock/alarm app, there really aren't apps running in the background. When you double push the home button it's not showing the apps running in the background, it's just showing an app history. All of those apps aren't actually running. There is no need to have an iPad dedicated for the Inspire.​

You're right... There is no need. But if used as your personal device as well, you will clutter it up with apps, emails, sooner or later. Most who are buying the air2 or any new monitor, are using it specifically for this purpose. Personal preference.

Reactions: OnAnotherLevel
You're right... There is no need. But if used as your personal device as well, you will clutter it up with apps, emails, sooner or later. Most who are buying the air2 or any new monitor, are using it specifically for this purpose. Personal preference.
I love my iPad. I use it a lot. (I'm using it right now :).) I have over 200 apps on it. I have emails, movies, music, books - none of which diminish its ability to run the DJI Pilot app. I agree that it's a personal preference - I just wanted to point out that there is no performance benefit for reserving it for the Pilot app only. It's a wonderful device - enjoy it!! :D

Last edited:
Except for a few Apple apps like the clock/alarm app, there really aren't apps running in the background. When you double push the home button it's not showing the apps running in the background, it's just showing an app history. All of those apps aren't actually running. There is no need to have an iPad dedicated for the Inspire.​
Mike- your correct, you can double tap the home button and "close" any open apps prior to launching pilot app. This is an absolute non-issue.

I saw the topic. I've had two reboots with my air 2 with graphics acceleration on. What are you guys using? with or without. It's a pain.

Is the iPad Air 2 too cumbersome for the Inspire controller...too large?...
Answers would be very much appreciated.

From This:
_MG_4284_zpsltkrr9ye.jpg

To This:
_MG_4293_zpslwfvk4tu.jpg

All I need is a HoodVision shade and I am golden.

DJI recommends a iPad Air 2..........sounds like a nice kickback to me. LOL!!! DJI and Apple just took all of our money. LOL!! LOL!! My Inspire 1 arrives today and I still haven't decided on which one to get.

DJI recommends a iPad Air 2..........sounds like a nice kickback to me. LOL!!! DJI and Apple just took all of our money. LOL!! LOL!! My Inspire 1 arrives today and I still haven't decided on which one to get.

Not really. I believe the main reason is in the processing power of the tablet.

Sending bits and bytes of video information via 2.4 Ghz at a given distance not an easy task. Let alone the tablet has to calculate, cache, and render those data in real time. A good example would be the iPad Mini 2. it is a great tablet for the inspire as it A7 processor can process and render the data at a fair good rate and so does the Nvidia Shield. If you look at the specs of the Shield it has a processor that is capable to rendering data for gameplay via WiFi. Again no easy task that is why most other tables some what "struggle" to keep up with the data stream.

Now for the iPad Air 2 it has not only the A8 processor which is, "Compared with the A7 chip in the previous iPad Air, the new A8X chip delivers 40 percent faster CPU performance. From launching apps to playing games, everything is more fluid and responsive." Also, "The A8X chip has an astonishing 2.5 times the graphics performance of the A7 chip. So iPad Air 2 delivers graphics once possible only on desktop computers and gaming consoles. Graphics-intensive games and video editing apps run superbly, and they look gorgeous on the big Retina display."

Enough said.
giphy.gif

Reactions: sirnikolas
If you look about the interweb, not only are the Air2 twice as expensive as the Air1, it also is the only one of the two that has been suffering blackouts throughout various firmware updates, (imagine flying fpv and the screen goes black - eeek), while the Air1 has been 100% trouble free. Save yourself a ton of cash and get a refurbed Air1 for $160 on ebay.
It will look brand new, cost tons less, and will be trouble free., (it's a no-brainer). :)

Carl

Hello Inspire Pilot Customers.
HoodiVision is pleased to announce the arrival of "Wing Struts" in our store.
Use the Coupon Code below for a $3 discount.

Wire reinforced Wing Struts greatly enhance shade structure providing added support for professional and heavy recreational applications.

A must for UAV piloting, windy conditions, motion and other rigorous conditions.

Especially recommended for PadHat airs and hybrids, they also work with PadHat minis and mini hybrids.

97dcb6_95fefe48185743a2bf3c2320537b5ef6.png_srb_p_432_213_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srb

The hook velcro side quickly attaches to inside of wings.
Easily removed for storage.
Virtually weightless: Per pair 0.5 ounce 14 grams

Special Coupon Code price for previous customers:
$4.95/ pair including shipping.
Enter Coupon Code "WING STRUTS" at checkout.
Discount will appear on final total for payment.
Normally $7.95 including shipping when bought separately,

All new PadHat purchases have option for discount price at time of purchase.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth