Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IPad mini 2 or 3 wifi only which one should I get for my inspire ???

Reaction score
IPad mini 2 or 3 wifi only which one should I get for my inspire ???
Also can I use wifi only ones or does it need to be a 3g one???
What's your views on what I should go for

The iPad mini 2 and 3 are EXACTLY the same hardware - the only difference is the fingerprint sensor on the three.

Smart money buys the iPad mini 2.

Even smarter Money buys the same from the apple refurb store with the edu discount code :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini-2/specs/

iPad Mini 2 with cellular has GPS, iPad Mini 2 with Wifi only has NO GPS.

Do we need the cellular version for GPS, or can we simply buy an iPad that does not support GPS? I'm asking because there is some confusion whether the Inspire transmitter has GPS built-in or not (some sources say yes, some say no).

I bought 2 iPad Mini 2 Wifi Only devices a month ago for the Inspire, hopefully I did not screw myself over! I was simply assuming that all iPads have GPS, but I forgot Apple are a bunch of retards (who would build a tablet without GPS!!!).

Do we need the cellular version for GPS, or can we simply buy an iPad that does not support GPS? I'm asking because there is some confusion whether the Inspire transmitter has GPS built-in or not (some sources say yes, some say no).

I bought 2 iPad Mini 2 Wifi Only devices a month ago for the Inspire, hopefully I did not screw myself over! I was simply assuming that all iPads have GPS, but I forgot Apple are a bunch of retards (who would build a tablet without GPS!!!).

Likewise - got 2 iPad Mini 2's without cellular when they were on sale and with Marriott points. I've seen Tahoe Ed and Blade Strike on RC Group forum and DJI reps on DJI forums confirm you do not need a tablet with cellular capability. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Eli Ramirez
Likewise - got 2 iPad Mini 2's without cellular when they were on sale and with Marriott points. I've seen Tahoe Ed and Blade Strike on RC Group forum and DJI reps on DJI forums confirm you do not need a tablet with cellular capability. Hope this helps.
Phew, sweet thanks, now I can sleep

I have an LG-G 8.3 tablet on a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 SoC with 2GB of RAM. I'm still uncertain if the USB on this thing is compatible with how the RC connects.

So iPad mini good with wifi only then & I suppose if phone link is need I can just tether with my iPhone 5s just need to know wether to go for iPad 2 or 3 mini now suppose doesn't matter & how much storage to choose from just want to make right choice what Would you choose???

Mini 2. As said above, the Mini 3 is EXACTLY the same as the 2 but has the fingerprint sensor. If the fingerprint sensor is worth $100 to you then get the 3. Everyone else should get the 2.

You DO NOT need an iPad with GPS, simply preload the maps when your on wifi

Picked up my new 32gb iPad mini 2 wifi only today ready for my inspire
Iceman, go to DJI Web site go to Inspire 1, Downloads. They have posted the Inspire 1 manuals and DJI Pilot SW. Right now the App is only completed for Android. Ipad/Apple coming soon.

Does anybody know what cable to use on iPad mini 2 to inspire tx is it usb or hdmi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool