Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the FREE OSMO microphone shipping?

Reaction score
Website
w9if.net
Two months ago a FREE OSMO microphone was announced. Has anyone that purchased the OSMO without a mic gotten one from DJI?

I believe the mic was to be available in March.

thanks,

I was about to ask the same question.
I read on the DJI website that the ones who bought their OSMO´s from the DJI store should receive a voucher code in mid February. And i think others should receive their mic in March according to DJI.
But it´s not the first time DJI is not on time.
So im also curious to know if they have start shipping yet?

As far as I am aware in the history of the company, DJI has never, I'll repeat that .....NEVER delivered any product on time. Why should this be any different?
On average, expect three months delay on everything but maybe longer.

Two months ago a FREE OSMO microphone was announced. Has anyone that purchased the OSMO without a mic gotten one from DJI?

I believe the mic was to be available in March.

thanks,
I just bought the Osmo handle and discovered the free mic offer.
Here is the email trail that I just had with DJI.

主题: OSMO Handle Mic
>
(ME) I received an OSMO handle without the microphone. I understand that there is a free offer for the mic. My handle serial number is 06NDK120B010L. I have attached a photo of the SR.#
> Thank You

> Hi Dennis,
> May I know where you bought the product?
If it`s from DJI online store, please send email to [email protected]
If not, please first try to contact your sellers directly for the free Mic.
If your seller cannot help, please send us e-mail with receipt or invoice.
> Please be noticed that the free FlexiMics start shipping from this month, after that, dealers will send to end customers.
> So it needs little bit more time to finish.
> Thank you for your support and patience in advance.
> Best regards.
> DJI Sales dept.

(ME) Was purchased at Amazon

Dear Customer,

Please provide the purchase
receipt or invoice, and we will check for you.

Best regards.
DJI Sales dept.

(ME) Here is the recipt.

Dear Customer,
Thanks for your receipt. Could you please take a picture of your SN#? We cannot find the SN# you provided.

Best regards.
DJI Sales dept.

(ME) Ok, here it is again.

Dear Customer,
We will ship free mics to our dealers, after that, dealers will sent to end customers.
Please contact your sellers after April to see if they get free mics.
You can also email back at then to check with us.
Thank you for your support and patience in advance.

Best regards.
DJI Sales dept.

(ME) Ok, a total waste of my time with all the emails and pictures sent twice. All for a 1 dollar microphone. Why didn't you tell me this on the first email. Amazon says to contact DJI, DJI says contact Amazon. NOT WORTH IT.
Thanks again for wasting my time.

Sent from my iPhone

I am using a mic that I purchased for my DSLR. Works great.

Thanks to all that replied. I can wait for the mic, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't shipping and I'd been left out. I got my OSMO from B&H, I contacted them in January, I won't bother than until I hear the mic is shipping.

thanks again,
Rich

According to an email I received from DJI, "If you receives an Osmo without a FlexiMic, or if you purchased an Osmo before Jan. 29, we will send you an email in the middle of February with a coupon code which can be redeemed for a FREE FlexiMic at the Official DJI Online Store."

I received a second email in mid Feb with the coupon code for the free Flexi Microphone valid until May 31. So I assume I just have to order the mic and use the coupon code to offset the cost of the mic.

So the US$10 question is, did you receive the second email with the coupon code? Check your spam/junk folder. I'm guessing those who bought from resellers will have to check with the reseller on this.

I received the code just like everyone else (Feb 18 via email). I placed the order on Feb 23 (no shipping either once you enter the code). It arrived on March 4.

What was odd is it said 15 day lead time to ship (but it shipped the next day!)

It was shipped via FedEx from the US instead of DHL China like my other stuff was.

The motor sound is gone (I believe I still hear the fan), but they've added an option to disable the fan now - I haven't tried that yet.

I've been trying to record my Scoot motor (Airboat up here in Canada ...) , (4 Cyl Aircraft Motor) which has straight pipes. Major issues, I haven't tried it with the newest firmware though. It sounds like audio interference instead of clipping/mic gain though. So it could be magneto related. I'm going to try and record the sound with my brothers Rolland recorder and see if it can do it.
IMG_2592.JPG

Ben

Last edited:
So people who bought their OSMO from the DJI store was able to get their mic´s shipped in the end of February, while we who bought our OSMO from a local DJI reseller have to wait to after April according to the email the above poster received from DJI? Are the DJI store customers more important?

Actually I'm not interested in the mic, but it would be nice to see that DJI for once could deliver in the timeline set from the beginning.

I received my mic several days ago. Granted, I had also placed an order from some Osmo accessories. But, I'll tell you things:
1. I ordered it online through the DJI store. It took almost 30 days to the date to receive my order. WTF is up with that. Going through the chat on DJI I was told "it takes a while for the money to come to China from the US." Well, newsflash: I'm an online developer of over 20 years, including e-commerce modules. It DOES NOT take that long from payment to gateway to bank to overseas. It just doesn't.
2. I've been an audio engineer of 30 years. If you really want good sound, invest in a decent stereo mic ($100-200) and get something like a Tascam DS-8 portastudio with which to record your audio. Sync it up later in post.

My $0.02.

I received my mic several days ago. Granted, I had also placed an order from some Osmo accessories. But, I'll tell you things:
1. I ordered it online through the DJI store. It took almost 30 days to the date to receive my order. WTF is up with that. Going through the chat on DJI I was told "it takes a while for the money to come to China from the US." Well, newsflash: I'm an online developer of over 20 years, including e-commerce modules. It DOES NOT take that long from payment to gateway to bank to overseas. It just doesn't.
2. I've been an audio engineer of 30 years. If you really want good sound, invest in a decent stereo mic ($100-200) and get something like a Tascam DS-8 portastudio with which to record your audio. Sync it up later in post.

My $0.02.

Thats why i´m not interested in this mic, because i think it´s a low quality mic. It was more about how DJI handle things. Not that I'm surprised.

I should say my OSMO came from DJI China (Dec 5th), received it 4 days later via DHL. However I did not purchase my OSMO I won it during the Black Friday event for ordering an Inspire.

It did say 15 day before shipping the mic, maybe they ran out shortly after

Ben

Yes the OSMO´s that are shipped after i believe 29 January has the free Flex mic included.

But the ones who bought their OSMO´s before 29 January should have received their mic´s separately i believe in the month of March, so DJI has 4 days to keep their promise.

Actually i don't care about that mic, but i was just trying to figure out if it is DJI that has not shipped the free mic´s to their distributors or if it is the distributor that has not shipped them to their customers?
I guess I'm trying to figure out if the place were i bought my OSMO is a good place for future purchases.
And i don't want to ask them since i believe they are not objective and unbiased, they would surely blame DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44