Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the Guidance Assistant still functional?

Reaction score
It appears DJI stopped supporting this in 2016. Loaded Guidance Assistant onto the Windows 10 side of my MacBook to find the user interface unusable. It's compressed and selection boxes overlap. Note DJI states "Stop Distributing and Updating".

"SDK & SOFTWARE
Guidance Assistant Software and Driver Installer V1.3 (Stop distributing and updating)
2016-03-04"

Thanks!

Update: Returned the M100 to owner w/o the obstacle avoidance working on any axis. Guidance controller cooling fan operates and each sensor LED is on indicating they are powered. Suspect Windows 10 is incompatible with the older GA program. Owner will locate an older windows OS and retry.

Update: Returned the M100 to owner w/o the obstacle avoidance working on any axis. Guidance controller cooling fan operates and each sensor LED is on indicating they are powered. Suspect Windows 10 is incompatible with the older GA program. Owner will locate an older windows OS and retry.
I just ran Guidance Assistant on my Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. Had no problem connecting or running the calibration program at all. Worked fine. Once I updated all firmware, everything ran fine. What errors are you seeing?

And before the Obstacle Avoidance menu selections appear in the DJI Go app running on Apple Ipad tablet...we had to upgrade the M100 firmware and the Guidance firmware. Once those were updated ...all worked great. I did calibration to the Guidance using the Guidance Assistant. Be sure to plug into the Guidance USB port...not the M100 USB port when running the Guidance Assistant.

Thanks for the replies. GoPro App and M100 firmware were both updated, but cannot access the Guidance controller. Laptop was connected to Guidance USB port. Sorry I didn't mention more specifics.

Here are the stats:

· DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4

· DJI Go 3.1.42

· Matrice FC FW v1.3.1.82 (09AUG18)

· RC 1.7.80

· Before Flight Safety(?) database 01.00.01.07

I suspect a compatibility issue using GA on my MacBook via Parallels and Windows 10. The GA app connects with no error msgs but the user interface has a small display w/overlapping menu and truncated text. There's no way to read what is being offered.

Screen display resolution was experimented with and made no difference at all. It's probably something simple like finding a pure Windows based computer possibly w/an older OS.

The M100 is back with the owner who'll try updating the controller with a PC based system that I don't have. Will report back his findings.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. GoPro App and M100 firmware were both updated, but cannot access the Guidance controller. Laptop was connected to Guidance USB port. Sorry I didn't mention more specifics.

Here are the stats:

· DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4

· DJI Go 3.1.42

· Matrice FC FW v1.3.1.82 (09AUG18)

· RC 1.7.80

· Before Flight Safety(?) database 01.00.01.07

I suspect a compatibility issue using GA on my MacBook via Parallels and Windows 10. The GA app connects with no error msgs but the user interface has a small display w/overlapping menu and truncated text. There's no way to read what is being offered.

Screen display resolution was experimented with and made no difference at all. It's probably something simple like finding a pure Windows based computer possibly w/an older OS.

The M100 is back with the owner who'll try updating the controller with a PC based system that I don't have. Will report back his findings.

Thanks!
OK good luck....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips