Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the Inspire 1s sold in the US of a lesser quality than those sold elsewhere?

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder...

Based on all the posts depicting flyaways, crashes , bricking and other horrors, it may seem so. Still, I can't believe that the quality control at DJIs factory is so bad that their products turn out to be so unreliable and predictable!

I myself must admit that I've had no problems so far. I always upgrade when there's a new version of the firmware available. There's never been any problems upgrading the AC, RC or the battery. And no problems when flying afterwards. I changed to the new quick release propellers and they work exactly as described. Easy to put on and take off and securily fastened to the motors.

So, I am getting a little tired of seeing all the "threads of doom" in this forum. Not that I don't sympathise with those who are unlucky, but what are the reasons for posting? Are they looking for sympathy, advice on how to fix their problems or just plain angry at DJI and wanting to spread the word and warn others? And whenever someone posts something positive, the doomsday predictions are not far away.

Again, I don't think that the negative threads is showing the whole picture. I am convinced that there are a majority out there who are very happy with their Inspire 1s but they tend to disappear in favor of those few that are having serious problems. And there must be a lot of those problems that are a result of unnecessary modifications, attempts to exceed the limits of speed, height and distance, even if they won't admit it.

Let's hope that the aura of negativity will subside in time and change into an atmosphere of constructive advice and exciting stories!

And please, no predictions of doom in this thread. There are enough threads that takes care of that!

I'm starting to wonder...

Based on all the posts depicting flyaways, crashes , bricking and other horrors, it may seem so. Still, I can't believe that the quality control at DJIs factory is so bad that their products turn out to be so unreliable and predictable!

I myself must admit that I've had no problems so far. I always upgrade when there's a new version of the firmware available. There's never been any problems upgrading the AC, RC or the battery. And no problems when flying afterwards. I changed to the new quick release propellers and they work exactly as described. Easy to put on and take off and securily fastened to the motors.

So, I am getting a little tired of seeing all the "threads of doom" in this forum. Not that I don't sympathise with those who are unlucky, but what are the reasons for posting? Are they looking for sympathy, advice on how to fix their problems or just plain angry at DJI and wanting to spread the word and warn others? And whenever someone posts something positive, the doomsday predictions are not far away.

Again, I don't think that the negative threads is showing the whole picture. I am convinced that there are a majority out there who are very happy with their Inspire 1s but they tend to disappear in favor of those few that are having serious problems. And there must be a lot of those problems that are a result of unnecessary modifications, attempts to exceed the limits of speed, height and distance, even if they won't admit it.

Let's hope that the aura of negativity will subside in time and change into an atmosphere of constructive advice and exciting stories!

And please, no predictions of doom in this thread. There are enough threads that takes care of that!

I am 100% with you !
I think there will always be more negative than positive reactions because people want to talk mostly about the problems, if everything is ok most people are not talking about it.
I have to say that my experience with the Inspire one is for 99 % positive, only minor problems that are not important enough to mention.
This is not only the case with this forum,but almost every forum i think.(negative reactions)

Remember this

A problem shared is a problem solved
Or
Someone who is going to ruin my day with their problems

You decide .....................................

Reactions: sirnikolas
I've had a number of issues with my inspire including having to replace a camera and gimbal and more recently repairing a broken boom.
Had other not shared their experience allowing me the information to fix the issues I would have been without my inspire for 16 weeks.
We should share our issues and experiences ( good and bad) freely in the knowledge that it helps those around us make informed decisions.

I have learned so much on this forum...many questions have been answered by folks who have had major and minor problems. Had these "negative" posts not been there to share with us to determine causes of issues, a ton of really useful information would not have been available. Yes, there are some real do do birds who want to vent against DJI, but I would not change a thing about this forum. We are definitely not getting the real nitty gritty about or Inspires from DJI...so keep everything coming...good and bad.

Posting the fixable stuff, ideas for improvement, good advice to keep the bird safe, or prevent pilot error...
Of course, anything that we can do ourselves to ensure nothing bad happens, even if that's reading about someones bad luck and error.

Those are the things I visit the forum for, not the horror stories about sudden drops from the sky.
Although I must say, sometimes I can't keep myself from peaking at those disasters and it scares the hell out of me.

I'd rather not have seen them, frankly.

All my birds have always flown safe without any problem that I couldn't handle myself.
We are always taking a chance with this stuff, fortunately the chance nothing happens is getting bigger and bigger with these technologies. The number of aircraft I crashed in my RC days (that must be more than 40 years on and off) made me a bit sceptic about the airworthiness of quads at first. But they never let me down once in many hundreds of flights, many of which were far beyond LOS, a mile or more over water.

I'm with you 100% here.

Last edited:
We use a system in the Military called ASIMS. Everytime we have something go wrong with an aircraft we put in an incident signal filled with lots of information. This not only alerts other users of faults and problems we've experienced, but also provides a electronic 'paperwork' trail that can highlight any trends. If enough incidents occur based on the same fault then you then have the ammunition to go back to the manufacturer, in this case DJI and argue your case. It does however require someone to compete the rather onerous task of sifting through them all!

I must admit though I do agree, that we have never experienced any problems with our Inspires during any of our flights. That could however be down to us reading the threads on here and learning from other peoples mistakes though. After all thats whats aviation is all about! As the old saying goes, 'There are no new mistakes, just new pilots waiting to make old ones'. I for one like reading about lessons learned because you glean so much info from other peoples misfortunes, which hopefully prevents you making the same errors! We're all learning!

Reactions: JohnHan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar