Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the Inspire 2 still relevant in 2021 after being 4 years old?

I don't think that there will be ever. DJI is an infuriating company at times and most of all their industrial strategy makes no sense at all, not unlike that of Apple actually who also has let people down (HomePod)...
You may be right...The I2 might be the last, as DJI concentrates on Mavics and such. Phantom is dead too...

You may be right...The I2 might be the last, as DJI concentrates on Mavics and such. Phantom is dead too...
True. As long as you don't crash they can fly for many more years. My P4P has over 1000hrs and still flies good (gimbal is starting to become weak) !

Reactions: WD192
I have the full fleet (P4, MA2, I1, I2 and FPV). Probably going to pick up the MA3 Cine and sell the P4s and MA2. I'm keeping the I1 because I can fly it when I can't fly the others. I usually fly the I2 with X5S and drag the I1 along with X5. I use the MA2 the most. The P4s just sit.
The inspire can't be used for everything, and its loud, so I use my Mavic 2 Pro where the I2 would be more difficult to operate or when I need a quieter drone... Mavic Air, Pro, Phantom 4...all excellent back-ups to the Inspire. That Mavic 3 Cine will be pricey but will be close to the same as an I2 with X5!??? If the latest rumors are true...find out soon! For me, its 75% I2 and 25% Mavic 2 Pro for my daily use on jobs. 👍

It seems that all other than I2 drones are locked at 100mbps bitrate and that's a severe limitation, footage between Mavics and I2 are quite hard to match

Reactions: WD192
True. As long as you don't crash they can fly for many more years. My P4P has over 1000hrs and still flies good (gimbal is starting to become weak) !
That's my only concern at the moment...most parts you can still get, but, like the Inspire 1, it will be increasingly more difficult to obtain as the years go on.

That's my only concern at the moment...most parts you can still get, but, like the Inspire 1, it will be increasingly more difficult to obtain as the years go on.
I'm thinking that there's still quite a bit of stock around so we should still be able to fy for quite some time

Did you post it to get a spiritual support from us, Inspire 2 happy owners 😁? Yes, I2 is the beast, the last of this kind in this price range. If she's delivering all the goods right from the open box, she will be a charm for years to come. If she isn't, however, she may be your worst nightmare ... I'm flying mine for pure recreational video and photography since day one and she never failed to amaze me.
Lol, not really, I'm quite content with my purchase...just want to help others who are on the fence so late in the game...coming up to 5 years this November for the I2! I'm glad I made the jump but it was stressful at first...not to mention, coming from a Mavic, the I2 is a totally other way of flying and shooting. Its a learning curve that can be frustrating, but worth it when you do get the hang of it!

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I concur. The one extra comment I would make (have made it to DJI many times), is for the commercial pros (like us), they need to dump the geo-fencing. We are adults and value our certification. We do not need DJI forcing their geo-fencing on us. Let us simply fly according to FAA regs and LAANC and let us worry about being legal.

I concur. The one extra comment I would make (have made it to DJI many times), is for the commercial pros (like us), they need to dump the geo-fencing. We are adults and value our certification. We do not need DJI forcing their geo-fencing on us. Let us simply fly according to FAA regs and LAANC and let us worry about being legal.
I 2nd that! Geofencing is annoying for Certified fliers. Get rid of it!

I'm happy to agree with the points raised here. And I keenly look at the specs of new drones like the MP3 and other manufacturers. There is nothing else equivalent to the I2 in terms of quality. I had a P4P and helped many MP2 users get the best out of their drones, but only the I2/X7/50mm DL lens can give me 3Gpx aerial panoramas like this: 3Gpx aerial view of Melbourne from the High School

In my opinion the I2 is still relevant for any movie/commercial that uses UAV shots. The Mavic 3/Air 2S are a very good option for most "pro-sumers" though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207