Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is there someone with an I1 in Galicia?

the non working phone is an iphone 65 on ios 12 something.

All 3 of my iPads are running different versions of iOS 12.x.x. So it's not your iOS.

I got nothing on the TV when connected to HDMI. nothing at all, just a no signal message.

Well...there can be several reasons for this that don't necessarily mean the port is broken:

1) You have to activate the HDMI port via the app, so you're in a catch 22. To my discredit, it's been so long since I activated this feature that I had forgotten that it had to be activated:

Obviously, without access to the app, you can't turn on the HDMI port, which is off by default.

2) Not all HDMI ports are created equal. There are several protocols, none of which talk to each other. So this may be a simple communication protocol mismatch between your T.V. and your controller. If your country is on the PAL protocol, I believe the controller is NTSC by default. But even if they're both NTSC, there are other communication barriers to overcome. In a word, HDMI is a mess. So I wouldn't dismiss your HDMI port until you have a known-to-be-working set up you can test with.

I have opened the first remote, and found no sign of corrosion or burnt components etc, nothign smelled burned.

Copy that. Not all blown components will look burnt on the PCB. But all burnt components ARE usually blown. I assume you also looked for bad connections? You might try reseating the ribbon cable connections.

corrosion was my first suspicion considering the controller sat for over 12 months without being used.

That would've been mine, too.

the ebay controller binds to the bird fine, it must have a more modern firmware, the original controller has ancient firmware from 24 months or so ago, and wont bind correcrtly, the light flashes red and green, and only lets me control the camera, not arm motors.

There are only two RC firmware versions for the Inspire 1: v1.7 and v1.6. I run the latter with legacy firmware (v1.08.xxx) and legacy app (v3.1.1). This allows me to fly unimpeded by DJI's Naziware. No login. No tests. No disabled drone. Just blissful, unimpeded flight. But I digress...

My point is that it may be the other way around. Your bird might be running legacy firmware, which I would keep if I were you. But that's another conversation for another day. First we have to get those RC's talking to your iPhone.

Playing Devil's Advocate here...are you sure that your iPad ports are communicating correctly??? I mean, I can buy that ONE controller has a bad USB port. But two??? That's a hard pill to swallow. Between me and business partner, we have FIVE controllers spread out over three Inspire 1's. All 5 work perfectly. And, yes, my partner's birds are stored months at a time. I use my Inspire 1 a couple times a month.

When you plug your iPad into your PC, does iTunes open? Are you able to browse the iPad's file system in the Windows Explorer? If not, you MAY have issues with your iPads.

Do you have any friends with an iPad you can borrow? Any iPad with a Lightning™ port should work.

still, if nothin else the ebay controller has allowed me to arm motors and do some battery cycles, at least i know the batteries arent totally dead, they still give over 10 mins flight time, so they will be useable if and when i get the video issue sorted .

True. And remember, you can always calibrate the compass via the PAF switch, too.

Send a screen capture of your iPad's battery icon when plugged into the RC. The fact that it's showing anything other than "Not Charging" has me concerned and perplexed.

D

Last edited:
Hi,
the usb cables all work, for example, with the original device, an iphone8 plus, itunes worked fine and i could copy the photos etc with the cable, but got absolutely no repsonse from the phone or app when conencted, i also tried an old smasung s6 with a known good cable,

i have a cheapo huawei phone that shows as charging when connected to the RC, and is in developer mode, this was the same behaviour as the s6,
the old iphone 6 that worked with it, now does nothing when connected, i havent tried an ipad yet, i need to meet up with a buddy to pick one up as i dont have one,

i agree that the chances of both controllers going bad are slim, but they were both stored for a long time and are the same version of the controller,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669