Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X7 + 16mm lens

Reaction score
Been doing some research. Came across a post by someone saying the X7 with the 16mm lens is soft? Is this true? An acquaintance of mine has the I2 with X7 and 16mm lens. Says he has no problem and just loves the system. Could it be that there are some bad copies of that lens out there?

The X7 & 16mm combo can be extremely sharp. Especially at f8. No doubt there are some soft copies in circulation but I don’t think that’s typical. The 16 does exhibit some pincushion but that’s simple to correct in post as needed.

Thank you. I will go ahead and buy the 16mm and test it out. I was even thinking of using a Laowa 9mm, but that's just too wide. Do you fly your I2 a lot or something else?

Thank you. I will go ahead and buy the 16mm and test it out. I was even thinking of using a Laowa 9mm, but that's just too wide. Do you fly your I2 a lot or something else?
Lightroom (20180826_Bridgeport_60MAIN_0875.JPG).jpg
The Laowa lens has been very effective. Is it perfect? no...It is a manual aperture lens and when mounting on the X7 camera, generally changes some settings such as Raw to Jpeg. You gotta check all that. I have both the 9mm Laowa and the 7.5mm both compatible with X7 camera of Inspire2 & Inspire3. The 7.5mm is for sale. Jonathan Atkin, NYC. As many of us have Inspire2, but a $20K rig for Inspire3 is kinda out of many budgets, I don't understand why DJI hasn't offered a "classic" version of Inspire3, to cater to the thousands of Loyal Inspire2 owners who want a great platform with the new and safer Occusynch but we don't need all the bells & whistles of a Hollywood production aircraft.

Reactions: Fina

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102