Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is this safe to fly

Reaction score
I've not flew my inspire for 12 months. Is the firmware safe to fly with. Ss attached. Would you update or should I stay put, I don't want all the drama of updates unless the features are worth it.

Happy new year all.received_311911859458038.jpeg

You're only 1 level back. Current I believe is 1.11. A lot of guys don't upgrade firmware and are on way older firmware than that. I'm not recommending flying on old firmware, just stating that guys do it successfully because they don't want to introduce new bugs (which has been known to happen, I guess).

The only issue might be if you're still under warranty (I'm guessing you're not) or have insurance, it may not be covered if not on latest firmware. Maybe 1 level back would be, but older than that, probably not.

I've not flew my inspire for 12 months. Is the firmware safe to fly with. Ss attached. Would you update or should I stay put, I don't want all the drama of updates unless the features are worth it.

Happy new year all.View attachment 23668
As Steve@AerialImage alluded to, some guys fly legacy firmware, and I'm one of those guys. The version you're using, v1.10, throttled back video reception. v1.09 expanded NFZ's. So the "sweet spot" is v1.08. Between me and my business partner we have 3 Inspire 1's. All three run FW v1.08. Literally hundreds of flights and dozens of hours with 100% rock solid reliability. NO tests. NO logging into DJI required.

I made a couple videos on the subject. Here's 1.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo