Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

issues with Premiere Pro CC 2015 v9.0.2

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So I have just about HAD IT with Adobe! I switched over to their entire product suite CC back last year from Final Cut Pro, when Apple made the terrible choice to make Final Cut X basically for dummies and it lost it's pro user experience and power...! Anyway, I digress. However, I never had the crashing, buggy, kind of problems like I do with Premiere! it ALWAYS crashes on me, no matter what! I have all kinds of buggy issues with the screen settings and it ALWAYS lags on rendering speed even though I am only working with 1080P 24fps footage and have 16 gigs of RAM to render out with. Now my new problem is export issues! for some reason my settings (which are presets in my setup) are now causing major degradation in the final video output. I have always exported using Export>Media. Format: Quicktime, Video Codec: H.264, set at 100% on the quality and 1080X1920 at 30 or 24 fps whichever I have shot in. bitrate settings is either 5000 or 6000 kbps. I have used these settings for, for EVER! and never had an issues, now when I export the quality is literally almost unlegible! It's TERRIBLE!!! check out the first frame in the attached video here and you will see the quality set like it is supposed to be, but as soon as you click playback, it downgrades to this terrible, blocky, chopped up picture that looks like something out of minecraft! So what gives? Anyone, have any idea what is going on and if there is a way for me to fix this, or do I need to have Adobe address the issue with my specific program???

Thanks!

-Clint

Perhaps you should reconsider Final Cut. Lots of professionals have calmed down and are satisfied with it since the updates. With decent hardware 4K is no problem. Just speaking of my own experience...milage may etc etc...

Not sure if it is the same issue but I had what I think was a similar problem. I used Adobe Premiere Pro to produce .m2ts files for uploading to Vimeo. (the file types are found on Blu-Ray discs and this is what I was also producing). Anyway whenever I uploaded the file to Vimeo the output was much like yours. I had several discussions with the Vimeo people and they couldn't help. A crude suggestion/solution was to convert the .m2ts file to something else before uploading to Vimeo. I used Movavi Video Converter and made a .mpeg file. I realize I could have used Adobe PP to create another file type, but I had already produced the .m2ts files. It appeared the uploading process created the poor quality video, and not Premiere Pro.

Good luck

bitrate settings is either 5000 or 6000 kbps.
That is a remarkably low bit rate, and might explain the poor quality of your exports.

I export for YouTube in H.264 with the following settings:
  • 1920 x 1080p
  • Profile: High
  • Level: 5.2
  • Render at maximum depth
  • Bit rate: VBR, 2 pass, 60 megabits/second minimum, 72 megabits/second maximum
  • Use maximum render quality
The resulting files are huge, but can be deleted once they are uploaded.

As for your crashes, the first suspect is always the video driver. Upgrade and see if that helps.

Reactions: damoncooper
Remarkably low may be a bit much, that (average) bit rate for VBR 2 pass is fine...

My advice is don't use the QuickTime format. Just export with the default h.264 settings and a bitrate of 16000 or just use the default YouTube settings. I had a lot of rendering issues and upgraded my graphics card to 4gb Nvidia 790 and now it flies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: damoncooper
I have used these settings like this for years now and have had no issues. the bitrate has always been fine, as if I go any higher my files come out too large. Most of the final videos are being either put on YouTube, Vimeo, or are downloaded straight to a machine that will play them live in service off of ProPresenter. I need the file sizes to fall into the 135-150Mb range for a 3.5 minute video. I have used these settings before and the final output looked as good as it did within Premiere, but now all of a sudden things are massively degrading the quality when it is exported... I will either give some of your suggestions on here a try, or wait for Adobe to release an update that will hopefully fix this issue...! Thanks!

-Clint

I have used these settings before and the final output looked as good as it did within Premiere, but now all of a sudden things are massively degrading the quality when it is exported...
So it used to work fine in Premiere, but now doesn't? As a software engineer of 27 years' experience, I am compelled to ask you, "then what did you change?"

I would guess that something is amiss in your export settings. If you can post a screen shot here, I can take a look at them. Or maybe try using one of the canned export presets; there is one called something like "Match Source - High Quality". If that produces good output, then it is probably your custom settings.

So it used to work fine in Premiere, but now doesn't? As a software engineer of 27 years' experience, I am compelled to ask you, "then what did you change?"

I would guess that something is amiss in your export settings. If you can post a screen shot here, I can take a look at them. Or maybe try using one of the canned export presets; there is one called something like "Match Source - High Quality". If that produces good output, then it is probably your custom settings.

Yeah, I upgraded my OS, as well as Adobe had an update for Premiere. I'm really airing toward the side of it being an issue with Adobe/Premiere and not the OS...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop