Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

It's a felony to shoot down a drone

This is what caught my attention...

"According to Loretta Alkalay, an aviation attorney who teaches Drone Law at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology, the statute also prohibits interfering with anyone “engaged in the authorized operation of such aircraft” and carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. Since drones are considered aircraft, threatening a drone or a drone operator, according to Ms. Alkalay, would also be a federal crime subject to five years in prison under this same statute."

This is what caught my attention...

"According to Loretta Alkalay, an aviation attorney who teaches Drone Law at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology, the statute also prohibits interfering with anyone “engaged in the authorized operation of such aircraft” and carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. Since drones are considered aircraft, threatening a drone or a drone operator, according to Ms. Alkalay, would also be a federal crime subject to five years in prison under this same statute."

Again, how likely is it anyone will catch any heat from the police let alone be put in jail for interfering with a drone pilot.

The public would need to be informed of this and I see zero chance the media will do that.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah