Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Its a video but also a warning to all of us when we fly

Reaction score
Had somebody send this link to me today. Gun companies seem to want to take the opportunity to promote their products at the expense of ours. Ugh, makes my stomach churn. Just remember to watch where you fly as I am sure there is some people out there that will find this as a new sport.

Yeah, I think this is such a pointless video. I left a comment on the original video saying that the old guy in the clip was just too fat and out of shape to be trying to run around shooting stationary targets out of the sky. I got hammered by all the red necks who think this guy is God. Also accused of having Obamas d#*k in my mouth and being gay. Hmmmm those imbeciles have a very limited arsenal of verbal insults I think.

Left a comment as well. Unless you own the drone you're shooting, it's willful destruction of private property, and illegal. Even in Texas.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
A very poorly produced little skit they have there! It's stupidly over dramatic and I love how they are shooting a drone out of the sky, yet using one to get there little fly over shot of the other targets he is shooting at! Theses guys are just crying for stuff to shoot at, that it's pointless! I love my guns too, but this is ridiculous!

Had somebody send this link to me today. Gun companies seem to want to take the opportunity to promote their products at the expense of ours. Ugh, makes my stomach churn. Just remember to watch where you fly as I am sure there is some people out there that will find this as a new sport.

This man is surely gay

Unless you own the drone you're shooting, it's willful destruction of private property, and illegal. Even in Texas.

And yet about 95% of all people in the USA assume they have exclusive ownership of airspace above their property from about 1-inch off the ground all the way up to the next galaxy cluster. The only reason they don't shoot at police and medical helis flying over their house is because "they're nice".

It might be gun-loving rednecks who made this kind of video, but also remember these are the same rednecks who got a lot of Congressmen's nuts in a vice with their Tea Party votes and NRA lobbying dollars. This is the enemy of the UAV hobby, and they should not be taken lightly.

I'm going to post a video of me with a special AR-15 that shoots drone-shooting AR-15s. Imagine the look on his face when his AR-15 is shot out of his hands right before shooting that drone out of the sky.

I'm going to post a video of me with a special AR-15 that shoots drone-shooting AR-15s. Imagine the look on his face when his AR-15 is shot out of his hands right before shooting that drone out of the sky.
I know you're joking but shooting anything man made out of the air without permission is extremely illegal and dangerous. But, so is attaching any kind of gun to a quad. For us anyway. Imagine the the malfunctions on something like that. :eek:

Yeah, I think this is such a pointless video. I left a comment on the original video saying that the old guy in the clip was just too fat and out of shape to be trying to run around shooting stationary targets out of the sky. I got hammered by all the red necks who think this guy is God. Also accused of having Obamas d#*k in my mouth and being gay. Hmmmm those imbeciles have a very limited arsenal of verbal insults I think.
I posted on this last nite but removed it but thought about it and here it is...You did get all that but only after you said { I guess this is more a point about being a survivalist 'mountain man' who hates the thought of someone with a drone watching him while he has sex with his sister/cattle/mother } and said that on YT the worst place in the world to say something like that !!
I only ran it down as you had posted the guy was to fat over in the PPF and I was in those treads and thought surely that had not been said there !!
Now I am over 6' and weigh 250 pounds and do not think of myself as being Fat and have way more guns than I do anything else and am proud that I am a redneck! I am a Pilot of a Drone and am very proud of it !!
Dumb advertisement I agree but they bought it and if they want to shoot it down they have the right as you sir have the right to fly BLOS....no ?

I posted on this last nite but removed it but thought about it and here it is...You did get all that but only after you said { I guess this is more a point about being a survivalist 'mountain man' who hates the thought of someone with a drone watching him while he has sex with his sister/cattle/mother } and said that on YT the worst place in the world to say something like that !!
I only ran it down as you had posted the guy was to fat over in the PPF and I was in those treads and thought surely that had not been said there !!
Now I am over 6' and weigh 250 pounds and do not think of myself as being Fat and have way more guns than I do anything else and am proud that I am a redneck! I am a Pilot of a Drone and am very proud of it !!
Dumb advertisement I agree but they bought it and if they want to shoot it down they have the right as you sir have the right to fly BLOS....no ?

Hi dirkclod,

Thanks for the explanation. I guess the producers of that video decided to kill an Inspire for their own reasons, I'm not losing sleep over that. They sure have received a fair percentage of negative comments for the shitty production value of their video though.

I certainly don't think this forum is a platform to discuss Americas gun ownership problems. I used to own quite a number of firearms for hunting purposes but after several years of being too busy to get out and use them I decided it was too much hassle renewing my license and proving to the Police that I wasn't a dangerous criminal psychopath so I sold them. I live in a country where even the Police don't need to carry guns on their hips (yet) and I think that is pretty special. We can let our children walk to the park by themselves, yesterday the headline national news story was about a fucking cat stealing washing off people's washing lines. Americans apparent love of arming themselves to the teeth and killing each other seems a little bizarre to us, enough said.

Hi dirkclod,

Thanks for the explanation. I guess the producers of that video decided to kill an Inspire for their own reasons, I'm not losing sleep over that. They sure have received a fair percentage of negative comments for the shitty production value of their video though.

I certainly don't think this forum is a platform to discuss Americas gun ownership problems. I used to own quite a number of firearms for hunting purposes but after several years of being too busy to get out and use them I decided it was too much hassle renewing my license and proving to the Police that I wasn't a dangerous criminal psychopath so I sold them. I live in a country where even the Police don't need to carry guns on their hips (yet) and I think that is pretty special. We can let our children walk to the park by themselves, yesterday the headline national news story was about a fucking cat stealing washing off people's washing lines. Americans apparent love of arming themselves to the teeth and killing each other seems a little bizarre to us, enough said.
Hope it stays that way for ya .

I fly the Inspire 1 and I hold a FFL. This video is extraordinarily stupid--downright aggravating, in fact. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters