Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just received I1 and it is saying I already have the latest firmware

Jre

Reaction score
Website
iownadrone.net
Pilot App didn't ask me to update when I put the firmware on the root of the SD card.

Overall Status shows a green "firmware is latest". When I try to click 'Overall Status', it's just blank.

Could this be a glitch in my Pilot App? Or is it possible that they've started shipping Inspire 1's with the latest firmware (1-15-2015)?

Here is what the app says about my firmware:

Main Controller Firmware: 01.15 Loader: 34.01
Camera Firmware: 01.03 Loader: 00.00
Gimbal Firmware: 01.05 Loader: 01.00
Center Board Firmware: 02.03 Loader: 03.00
Remote Controller Firmware: 01.04 Loader: 02.00
Battery Firmware: 03.00 Loader: 02.06
Air OFDM Firmware: 01.03 Loader: 03.00
Air Encoder Firmware: 01.10 Loader 01.00
Ground Encode Firmware: 01.03 Loader: 01.00

I don't know what the latest numbers are because DJI doesn't list them on their Downloads section like they usually do with other products.

I just did a quick check on my Inspire. I did not have the camera installed so not all of the data is displayed but that which did is the same as what you posted. I prefer to upgrade without the Tx and App on. You can then look on the camera SD card for the TXT file for the status of the update. There is also a hidden folder, MISC, that also has a text file that shows the details of the upgrade.

Jre,

This was the same for me. I picked up my Inspire on Wed, and the guy at the shop told me I might need to update my firmware. He mentioned others that had picked theirs up the day before me reported not needing to update.

Jre,

This was the same for me. I picked up my Inspire on Wed, and the guy at the shop told me I might need to update my firmware. He mentioned others that had picked theirs up the day before me reported not needing to update.

Mine too. I guess the retailers are just covering their asses by telling you to at least check. Mine also states it has the latest FW, I picked it up 3 weeks back. Although I've done some pretty epic flying with it (travelled 43kms in the air now), I'm loathe to use it too much until the next FW update because it has a couple of quirky compass issues I'm nervous about. Most flights after takeoff it will flash up with a red compass error message so I land it, message goes away. Take off again and the message comes back and so on. After a couple of attempts the message disappears and everything works OK but until such time as I can fully trust it, it will be on limited duties.

Mine too. I guess the retailers are just covering their asses by telling you to at least check. Mine also states it has the latest FW, I picked it up 3 weeks back. Although I've done some pretty epic flying with it (travelled 43kms in the air now), I'm loathe to use it too much until the next FW update because it has a couple of quirky compass issues I'm nervous about. Most flights after takeoff it will flash up with a red compass error message so I land it, message goes away. Take off again and the message comes back and so on. After a couple of attempts the message disappears and everything works OK but until such time as I can fully trust it, it will be on limited duties.

I was having this issue as well. When calibrating the compass I now perform the second 360 degree turn (nose down) in a anti-clockwise direction (opposite direction to the first 360). No more compass error message. Not sure why this makes a difference. The manual does not mention changing direction

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk