Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Keep my Inspire for parts or sale?

Reaction score
Well, I am looking for some honest input as I think on this one. A few month back I bought an inspire 2 on ebay that was sold as is with a software glitch and or parts. I had the idea to send it in for repairs, but I have read some stories on here of drones coming back and the problems still persisted even after DJI serviced them. Basically, the drone disconnets from the controller just a after a few minutes in the air and returns home on its own. Strange and it did it to me on the first try. And at first it seemed like a great idea to have a backup, but now I am not so sure. I could keep it for parts because I paid like $1200 shipped and that is what one costs for parts. So that is my dilemma. Anyone who has crashed theirs or those who have had software issues would you mind giving me a straight answer. Thanks to all and enjoy the day off. If I don't keep for parts I'll throw it up for grabs. The idea of having two birds may not be the brightest as work consumes my life. LOFL! :rolleyes:

I’m also in this same boat... bought one on eBay, sent it in and i was told that I have to pay $1100 for repairs. My issue is the control module

I’m also in this same boat... bought one on eBay, sent it in and i was told that I have to pay $1100 for repairs. My issue is the control module
Well **** that really sucks. If mine had a similar issue then it's a losing proposition because on ebay some bundles with more accessories are going for less than what I might spend on repairs plus the original investment. Now I am wishing I had never bought it as a backup. ****. Oh well. It was a gamble. Lesson learned.?

I just had an experience with DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop. .i am very happy with my outcome. They pay shipping both ways and they are honest with the repair. If you don't like the quote they will ship your bird back at no charge.

Mysuggestion is to send it in and get an assessment. No cost to you
Hmm. Ok. Excellent! Thank you for the tip. Sounds amazing!

I just had an experience with DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop. .i am very happy with my outcome. They pay shipping both ways and they are honest with the repair. If you don't like the quote they will ship your bird back at no charge.

Mysuggestion is to send it in and get an assessment. No cost to you
That sounds like it a wen wen situation that way you can ether fix or sell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry