Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest corporate job - Canadian Tire

Reaction score
Mostly interior shots used on this one except the opener and closer. Was pretty nerve wracking flying the thing inside with all the expensive brand new merchandise around, but the bird performed predictably (with a noticeable drift to the right)
Anyways I shot all aerials, edit done by Canadian Tire creative services. Comments always appreciated!

Mostly interior shots used on this one except the opener and closer. Was pretty nerve wracking flying the thing inside with all the expensive brand new merchandise around, but the bird performed predictably (with a noticeable drift to the right)
Anyways I shot all aerials, edit done by Canadian Tire creative services. Comments always appreciated!

Nice job! .....0:32 I SEE YOU!!:p

btw - if you are getting CONSISTENT drift to the right might be worth IMU calibration again but try some shims under the right hand legs (just a few sheets of paper etc) - then give it another try indoors. You may find though just another calibration will do it.

btw - if you are getting CONSISTENT drift to the right might be worth IMU calibration again but try some shims under the right hand legs (just a few sheets of paper etc) - then give it another try indoors. You may find though just another calibration will do it.

Haha good eye, but that's the DOP running around on his Ronin. I never get myself in the shot :p
Good thinking re IMU. At first I thought it was a consistent draft in the building on account of the hundreds of fans running, but even after turning them off I was getting the drift. I will try that next time, thanks.

Thanks for the video. Very well done! Way to keep the prices up.
I think some people are a little trigger shy to go high, but the market is small right now, so we have to be careful about undercutting. There are a few companies in Texas, one guy does it for $300, the other for $1200, it's not good. The $300 guy is new, so I'm not sure he understands the value of protecting the market rate for everyone. My understanding is commercial work will be at a higher rate then residential jobs.

Ya fair enough. We are first and foremost a production company with much more overhead than a guy with an inspire. Also we are capable of getting shots with it that many others are not. Additionally the market is huge here and reliable suppliers very low. Usually I don't touch residential or low-budget work. You have to set a price for yourself that's fair and be confident in quoting that price. If you're learning and its 500/day, so be it, but no sense undervaluing yourself or the capabilities of the machine

Last edited:
I agree, I'm still trying to negotiate some weird contradicting laws in the US with the FAA and the State of Texas, so I'm attempting to find the sweet spot so I can sell without making people feel freaked out.

I am looking at trying to do some contract work for marketing and productions companies here in the state. Any recommendations on how to present the pitch to catch their interest?

I am looking at trying to do some contract work for marketing and productions companies here in the state. Any recommendations on how to present the pitch to catch their interest?
Make a really professional demo reel, use after effects for some sweet camera tracking for text to highlight the abilities of the machine. Make sure they know you're the only one in your area providing this level of quality at the price point. Inherent to the inspire is that it fits nicely between the phantom and the cinema rigs, right in that sweet spot of quality where people will still be blown away and not necessarily need/want the extra capabilities and hassle of a cinema rig.
Get out and pitch to golf courses, commercial realtors, auto dealerships, anyone you could see using it.

Make a really professional demo reel, use after effects for some sweet camera tracking for text to highlight the abilities of the machine. Make sure they know you're the only one in your area providing this level of quality at the price point. Inherent to the inspire is that it fits nicely between the phantom and the cinema rigs, right in that sweet spot of quality where people will still be blown away and not necessarily need/want the extra capabilities and hassle of a cinema rig.
Get out and pitch to golf courses, commercial realtors, auto dealerships, anyone you could see using it.
There's a ton of opportunity. That's what I plan on doing. I hadn't thought of golf courses until a couple of you guys had posted that in the forum, I think that is a great idea.

There's a ton of opportunity. That's what I plan on doing. I hadn't thought of golf courses until a couple of you guys had posted that in the forum, I think that is a great idea.
And one more thing: build a nice website and invest in SEO. I bought a $50 Wordpress theme and paid our web guy $100 to do some basic keyword/metadata/who knows modifications and now we get 75% of our business from google searches

Reactions: Carlsberg

at which point do you see the drift? I do have issues flying straight. so I always thought it's piloting skills.

And one more thing: build a nice website and invest in SEO. I bought a $50 Wordpress theme and paid our web guy $100 to do some basic keyword/metadata/who knows modifications and now we get 75% of our business from google searches
My brother in law does that for a living, and I have another friend who is in marketing that does it as well. I'm thinking about getting on WordPress, but I like to demo things first and their free version sucks balls.

at which point do you see the drift? I do have issues flying straight. so I always thought it's piloting skills.

I bet it's an IMU calibration, I was getting the worst drift inside, but even in GPS mode outdoors I can't fly straight unless I apply a slight left roll on the stick while moving forward... It's kind of annoying but just one of those things I've dealt with.

My brother in law does that for a living, and I have another friend who is in marketing that does it as well. I'm thinking about getting on WordPress, but I like to demo things first and their free version sucks balls.
It's not so much a free version as the stock theme is free. There are also resources for free themes online that you can practice on. The themes look kind of dated but they are good to learn with and you can still put together a pretty decent website. That's why I love wordpress because it's so easy to use (compared to other CMS systems) and because you don't have to spend any money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo