Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LB2 A3 - Ext Video X5R & Z30 Gimbals

Reaction score
M600 Pro: Setting up a Ronin MX with Intelli-G for a GH4 setup.
Also have the X3,X5,X5R, XT gimbal mount and the Z30 mounting plate.
While experimenting, I found when powering up, the X5R or Z3 had no video on iPad but appeared to be functioning. After playing a bit, found setting bandwidth and transmission to include EXT.

Question: Why EXT? If DJI gimbal mount and DJI Gimbal Camera. Why does it not project on the lightbridge video transmission? 2 Leads: 1 to CAN, the other to LB Gimbal port.

How or where is it specified to use EXT instead of LB.

Bandwidth: I noticed the video was pretty poor when M600 got 700-800 ft out in a congested RF neiborhood and EXT set to as low as possible... 30-40%.
What percentage is normally used, and can it be saved to remain

CAN connectors; often indicates to plug into CAN 2 or CAN3, some them different. On the M600, it looks like all CAN ports are the same... like a closed network.

Will I need to do the same with the Ronin MX and SRW60G, use EXt?

the ExT is when u use an AV signal (analog =not hdmi) ei. a fpv cam

the ExT is when u use an AV signal (analog =not hdmi) ei. a fpv cam
In this setup, the FPV is connected to A3 and using Lightbridge and the Gimbal camera: X5, Z3, etc is using the EXT connection. But from what I've learned in discussions, the EXT doesn't equate to External, it's still using the LB signal, there isn't a separate signal transmitted, both on LB frequency. Even without the FPV, the Gimbal cameras use the EXT channel.

My issue is I have 2 good Video sources: FPV on LB, X5R on EXT, that both display nicely on screen individually. But attempting to use the 2 video sources together utilizing the EXT-PIP or LB-PIP window, not able to display the PIP Window on both a iPad Pro 10 and CrystalSky 7.85 (tested both to see if iOS or Android issue). I've played with various settings in multiple configurations without success to get the PIP window to display on Screen. I'm confident if I could get the PIP window to show on screen, the 2 views would be present.

Hi dougcjohn,

To get the PIP - I use a 7" external monitor (own battery power) on a tripod running off the HDMI output from the remote controller.

In the settings you can switch priority - between the main view and what will appear in the small PIP window.

EXT - LB (PIP)
or
LB - EXT (PIP).

Hope this helps.

Hi dougcjohn,

To get the PIP - I use a 7" external monitor (own battery power) on a tripod running off the HDMI output from the remote controller.

In the settings you can switch priority - between the main view and what will appear in the small PIP window.

EXT - LB (PIP)
or
LB - EXT (PIP).

Hope this helps.

Thanks David, using a separate monitor is an option... good point. Although, I'd like to get the PIP on the primary monitor... evidently several have obtained this method, I just haven't been successful at it.

Along your line, setting up a phone mounted to RC and receiving the RC's HDMI signal would be functional... not ideal but workable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions