Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lens calibration procedure with inspire 2 and X5S

Reaction score
Would it be possible for someone to do a video on the lens calibration procedure? I am haveing a difficult time calibrating my various lenses.i don't believe my camera lens is indeed calibrating correctly.
Thanks

Reactions: Yendor1098s
I can honestly say I have never calibrated any of my 4 lenses on the Inspire 2. If I get a calibrate lens warning I dismiss it and simply tap on the screen for focus. I also have C2 set to focus in the middle of the screen so I do not have to tap the screen. If I need more than that I will tap the screen where I want it to focus and then switch to manual focus so nothing changes. I do use focus peaking,YMMV.

Are you manually focusing the lens....? If not, then forget about calibration as it won't do you any good.

The calibration process simply lets the DJI Go app determine a distant point measurement to use as 'infinity' when using the manual focus slider on screen... the slider has two icons, one for closest focus, and the other for distant focus and you can click on each icon to rapidly move from one end of the focus scale to the other... that's all it does. Closest focus is preset in the lens, but distant focus is variable as some lenses can focus 'beyond infinity' for use on ir capable cameras.

If you use autofocus/tap-to-focus then calibration isn't needed as the sensor/af algorithm does the work for you.

You can manually calibrate against a DSC chart, 10 feet away.
DJI focus requires you too "calibrate" their way with each lens change.
I usually calibrate at 150 feet, touch to focus seems to "keep" focus for me when I do it my way.
Others have their own methods. I've heard of applying an unsharpen mask for the X5S and some complaining of it being "out of focus" when they've neither calibrated nor touch-to-focus in changing situations.
Buying Hasselblad raises my expectations for the future.

Reactions: cvanhoose
Would it be possible for someone to do a video on the lens calibration procedure? I am haveing a difficult time calibrating my various lenses.i don't believe my camera lens is indeed calibrating correctly.
Thanks
Same. Just got my inspire 2 and X5S yesterday and need a walk through on lens calabration as well.
Any advise would be great. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry