Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lens Compatibility

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Lens on the X5 or X5R yet?

upload_2016-9-1_13-3-1.png

I am relatively sure it will work. My concern is will it physically fit? The Olympus 14-42, which IS on the approved DJI list is a very bad fit and not much better of a lens. I think I just may get the Panasonic and try it. If it doesn't fit or work, I can use it on my GH4 or resell it on eBay.
I was hoping someone else had already done the experiment.

Reactions: pepperonii
I am relatively sure it will work. My concern is will it physically fit? The Olympus 14-42, which IS on the approved DJI list is a very bad fit and not much better of a lens. I think I just may get the Panasonic and try it. If it doesn't fit or work, I can use it on my GH4 or resell it on eBay.
I was hoping someone else had already done the experiment.
Please post your findings here if you do get it, I'm interested too.

We'll know soon.... I just pulled the trigger on one on eBay.
I'll let you know when I get it.
Now..... I ... w a i t !!

The Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f3.5-5.6 ASPH weighs 70g and will absolutely work on the X5. Ive used it with a 37mm-46mm step up ring (4g) then a 9g DJI weight ring followed by a 19g circular polarizing filter and a 12g Fotasy vented hood. Total weight was 114g and allowed the use of it fully extended without it overheating the motors.

Hmmm. even if I can't zoom it while flying, it will give me a wide angle (12mm) and a telephoto (32mm) lens all for $179. Sounds like a winner.

Hmmm. even if I can't zoom it while flying, it will give me a wide angle (12mm) and a telephoto (32mm) lens all for $179. Sounds like a winner.

You know that 12mm is 24mm equivalent, and only slightly wider than the stock lens, right?

Yeah, not much wider. 12 degrees field of view.
12mm = 84 degree fov.
15mm = 72 degree fov.
The 32mm interests me more. Closer image without getting closer to object.
I thought about getting a Z3 but that's $899 and sounds like it still has plenty of kinks to be worked out.

The Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f3.5-5.6 ASPH weighs 70g and will absolutely work on the X5. Ive used it with a 37mm-46mm step up ring (4g) then a 9g DJI weight ring followed by a 19g circular polarizing filter and a 12g Fotasy vented hood. Total weight was 114g and allowed the use of it fully extended without it overheating the motors.
Ok. So I got the lens. Never flew it though.
It was such a bad fit to the X5 that I didn't even bother with balancing it or even turning on the camera.
The diameter wasn't the problem, it was the flange mount. Being plastic instead of metal was the likely cause.
It was so hard to get on the camera that I thought I was going to break it. I also tried it on my GH4. It fit a little better, but not much.
So, I sold it before damaging it.
I think I'll get an Olympus 45mm for close work..............

Never mind . Thought you were talking about the 14-42 which fits fine . You were testing one out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz