Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lens question.

Sorry, wrong slot. X5S slot was where it should be please delete or move.
Thanks.
I can move this one but you haven't said what lens - so it's a bit difficult to answer!

Do you want me just to delete this one and you start one up in the X5S section?

Out of curiosity I’d like to know your intentions for a fisheye lens on a drone. Seems way out there and always am interested in new techniques.

Out of curiosity I’d like to know your intentions for a fisheye lens on a drone. Seems way out there and always am interested in new techniques.
Several examples on YouTube. This is one.

Last edited:
Thank you so much very interesting and impressive effect. Before I sent question I attempted to visualize a fisheye but the short video affirmed my shortcomings.

Looks cool, no stitching the photos, but how many times would you use it and would it be worth the price? Just asking.
On the other hand, if I had the money I would have one in my arsenal.

We will find out! Money is like manure. It’s no good unless you spread it around! That’s what I was told anyway.

This one will take a bit of practice. Seems to need a few more f-stops or some testing on my part.D8F4DFFB-495E-4F93-8834-D989352975EE.jpegEEE8B5BF-2D30-467C-A8D0-6DB47B256F5E.jpeg1CFB57A7-3744-4A6A-8137-44E1C50FD989.jpeg

If you look at the far right side of each picture, you can see just a touch of the gimbal. Landing gear in up position, camera needs to be at around the 25 degree mark to not see the legs.

If you look at the far right side of each picture, you can see just a touch of the gimbal. Landing gear in up position, camera needs to be at around the 25 degree mark to not see the legs.
Thanks for posting the samples above. Just FYI those images have a 16:9 aspect ratio, which I think is why the top and bottom of the image circle appears to be cropped/missing. I suspect that, if you change the Image Area setting in the Go4 app (or whatever its called) to 4:3 you'll get the whole image circle.

Based on close inspection of a downloaded copy of your "straight down" image sample above, it looks a bit soft. But given that the bottom image was taken at f/1.7 with a shutter speed of 0.5 sec (both of which can contribute to image softness) I'm hopefully that this lens can deliver sharper results at higher apertures and faster shutter speeds.

I'll probably get it, as i have some specific projects where it would be handy.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop