Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

lessons learnt about new firmware..

Reaction score
I asked my team to take a look at the recent I2 firmware update. here is the comments we had

1) don't update anything until the updates for the DJI GO 4 are also available
2) always delete the older version of DJI GO 4 first before you download the new version
3) restart you mobile device before any update (If no DJI GO 4 update then move on to next step)
4) always have the I2 with camera fitted. If you have X5S then use this as i priority then repeat again with X4S later (DJI look for X5S first)
5) when the prompt is shown on the R/C that you need to update the firmware DON'T do it with your mobile use only the Assistant 2 APP. I see many variants but concerned about different channels.
6) if the prompt says new firmware WAIT and look for new version of DJI GO 4 to be available before you do anything and follow steps 2 to 3 before you do anything
7) before you do any update connect to Assistant 2 and wait... if there is an intermediate update for such as battery do these first... and do it for all your pairs.
8) make you have a new set of fully charged BATTS and now download the new firmware. Don't go for a coffee but watch the messages... if you get anything not expected ABORT
9) even if the I2 reboots do it AGAIN
10) now power down and wait with no Batts inserted....
11) restart and watch... reboot follows normal ?
12) You have more than one camera? then replace camera and power down.. WAIT with no Batts fitted.
13) restart with full Batts
14) go back to 7) above
15) if there is a camera update it will happen now.
16) OKAY so now you have new firmware on X4S and X5S... do you have the latest version of DJI GO 4?
17) did you read the release notes for this version of firmware?
18) so power up and enjoy...
19) so these are Beta tested... how can they when the DJI GO 4 is not released??

This is pretty much how I've done my updates, as with the last one, and I still have the issues.

i have 12 Inspire 2 now in my team. Some like me did it and hoped for the best. 3 was okay 3 was bad. The other 6 we haven't done anything yet. So its sort of 50/50. Itchy feet but they are under strict instructions to do nothing and wait see what happens... I will be honest i didn't see anything that improved things only negative. So lesson learnt (AGAIN)

I asked my team to take a look at the recent I2 firmware update. here is the comments we had

1) don't update anything until the updates for the DJI GO 4 are also available
2) always delete the older version of DJI GO 4 first before you download the new version
3) restart you mobile device before any update (If no DJI GO 4 update then move on to next step)
4) always have the I2 with camera fitted. If you have X5S then use this as i priority then repeat again with X4S later (DJI look for X5S first)
5) when the prompt is shown on the R/C that you need to update the firmware DON'T do it with your mobile use only the Assistant 2 APP. I see many variants but concerned about different channels.
6) if the prompt says new firmware WAIT and look for new version of DJI GO 4 to be available before you do anything and follow steps 2 to 3 before you do anything
7) before you do any update connect to Assistant 2 and wait... if there is an intermediate update for such as battery do these first... and do it for all your pairs.
8) make you have a new set of fully charged BATTS and now download the new firmware. Don't go for a coffee but watch the messages... if you get anything not expected ABORT
9) even if the I2 reboots do it AGAIN
10) now power down and wait with no Batts inserted....
11) restart and watch... reboot follows normal ?
12) You have more than one camera? then replace camera and power down.. WAIT with no Batts fitted.
13) restart with full Batts
14) go back to 7) above
15) if there is a camera update it will happen now.
16) OKAY so now you have new firmware on X4S and X5S... do you have the latest version of DJI GO 4?
17) did you read the release notes for this version of firmware?
18) so power up and enjoy...
19) so these are Beta tested... how can they when the DJI GO 4 is not released??

To address your 19th point:
DJI released a separate beta version of the DJI GO 4 app that we were using. I deleted it and went back to the non-beta version after updating.

we are designing code to use 4G on the Inspire 2 rather than Wifi. right now in beta testing
I need this so bad when working in the city doing inspections.... 4g everywhere, and so much radio noise I can't get 80ft in the air without losing 50% signal in some spots.

Just a note to say that I had problems with the update using Assistant 2 (latest version) on a Mac - it crashed with an error about some unsigned KEXT (probably a driver) and then froze the Mac when I rebooted it - had to force a powerdown on it :(. On reboot and reconnect to the I2 it gave me a minus after the firmware version and it would not complete the update using Assitant 2 (even after several reboots of everything). In the end I gave up and performed the update thru Go4 - forced refresh via the firmware update page. Downloaded the new Go4, then update RC first, then refreshed/updated the Inspire 2 - no problems at all using Go4.

So, be careful as there may be a driver issue with some older versions of the MacOS such as Yosemite.YMMV.

exactly the 4G will become your friend i can fly 9 miles and handover seamlessly at Basestations and go behind buildings you would never very consider before. 4G penetration is better than WiFi and i can even fool NFZ to think i'm someplace else. One last customer demo the pilot was 30 miles away from the I2 and did an aerial survey of a NFZ zone (with obvious prior approvals) we are still in beta testing and have to fix the latest issues from the recent firmware release.

Reactions: EDDSkitz

This is not hard to answer, as it is the same for any app developer, with both iOS and Android there are methods available in the standard developer console to release beta versions for testing to a private audience without it being visible on the relevant app store.

A larger company like DJI also has access to the Enterprise distribution method for the iOS apps, and you can of course simply distribute APK files for the Android version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102