Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Litchi Beta Testing

Thanks Pete

I flew a total of 9 flights yesterday to complete the project for my farmer friend. Maximum waypoints 17, maximum distance 910m.

I live in hill country and the ability to change altitude between waypoints is invaluable. Like you I prepare a detailed flight plan using Google Earth to provide my ground elevation data and using Litchi allows me to input the data at my leisure not worrying about battery life.

Thanks once again for you help. Eric

Hi ..blusnapper.
Good new...you are in the air with way points passed the 500m mark.
Glad you got your head around it.
Safe flying mate.

Hi Eric
Glad to hear all is well.
Sounds like you are doing the same missions with your Inspire as I am.
Just finished a video of the farmers best Canola Crop in years....very happy...and he was impressed.
Next ..I am planning a multi function mission using...as many of the Litchi App way point functions as I can...in one flight.
POI....different altitudes...speeds....interpolation.....straight lines.....larger curves....etc etc.
Looking forward to the next update of Litchi which is going to have the ability to take photo's at pre-programmed positions around the mission ( see Litchi on Face book ).
Happy days.
...Pete
photo is a stitch pano of the crop

Attachments

• Ken 1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 28
The error you mention seems to indicate you were in Follow mode, in which case please refer to the help for the "Location Accuracy" setting (Help - Litchi), or did you mean Orbit mode?

Hello VC Tech or Aussie Pete. I'm selling my ipad air 2 and planning on getting an android phone to get more out of my inspire 1. My 2 goals are to use the VR feature and the magic leash. I know this has been asked a lot, but can you recommend a phone or tell me which one you guys use
thanks guys!

I would highly recommend a tablet, phone screens are a bit too small in my opinion.
Tablets: Nvidia Shield, Galaxy Tab S2
Phones: Note 4, Note 5, S6, and probably many others, the list is long

Reactions: Paul Galvez
Sorry I read too fast, for VR a mobile phone is a must indeed. VR won't work well with tablets, assuming you can even find compatible goggles.

Reactions: Paul Galvez
I would highly recommend a tablet, phone screens are a bit too small in my opinion.
Tablets: Nvidia Shield, Galaxy Tab S2
Phones: Note 4, Note 5, S6, and probably many others, the list is long

I've looked at both tablets and I'm torn... If you had a choice which one would you pick?

I've looked at both tablets and I'm torn... If you had a choice which one would you pick?
It is difficult to pick between the 2:
- Nvidia Shield will give you slightly better performance overall, and also has a HDMI port which can be very useful, but the screen is very difficult to read when outside
- The Galaxy Tab S2 has an excellent screen, much better than the Nvidia Shield, performance is slightly less than the Nvidia Shield but still quite good, no HDMI port

Because of the screen quality, I would probably go for the Galaxy Tab S2 if I had to choose.

I fly with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S TM700 8.4 inch screen.
I also use my own home built hood for those sunny days outside etc,
Large screens make flying easier with large easy to read icons compared to a small cell phone as a screen.
There is a slight delay in the video but I don't fly fast and low so this is not a problem for me.
My tablet is a WiFi only, and disabled when flying...no phone connection....set to airplane mode and apps I don't want running are stopped...uninstalled or disabled.
I don't want "anything" interfearing with the tablet or the flying apps when in the air.
Apart from the initial DJI software bugs which look to be sorted out finally , the 8.4 inch tablet , is for me a working solution to my Inspire1.
Litchi is easily readable and a pleasure to work with , once you sit down and work out how it can work for you.
After doing a year of flying with APM's on my "drones" , Litchi is easy to do.
I just get "wanting" to do more actions during way point missions and to see the Inspire1 flying very smoothly through its flight missions...a real pleasure to watch and have other's comment on how well the Inspire1 fly's.
Thanks to VC Tech for answering my stupid questions at times....if he was closer, I would shout the beer's.
...Pete

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Machoman
At the moment I use "curved turns"...only because my Inspire1 has very aggressive movements at each way point action. I have tamed down the expo and gains in the Inspire parameters in the DJIGO app but still very aggressive.VC Tech suggested I contact DJI to see if these actions can be tamed down even further...so far this has not been done...this weekend I will have the time to discuss this with DJI support.
Using curved turns is very smooth allowing for flight speeds up to 14klm/hr and curved radius around 4 to 5 meters. I send the Inspire out to around 1 to 2klm at maximum but mostly under 1klm.
My "wanting" of further actions is along the lines of pausing a mission , having full manual control of the pan & tilt of the camera...not always a pano action ....single shots etc...then when I am ready ...press resume mission and the Inspire will continue onto complete the mission .
I do understand there are "stay for " actions already available in "straight lines" not "curved " ...very nice....but to have manual control of the Inspire at this way point if "paused".....stay for unlimited time to do manual actions...then press resume to complete the mission.
For example...a mission 1klm long....stop anywhere along the mission to pan / tilt spin around ,take video and photo's for however long I want ..then continue mission Inspire resumes heading...altitude....speed course etc ...then stop again do the same manual controls.....then continue mission again.
Every one has a different use for the Litchi App and what I am suggesting may be able to be done ...or it may not.
I would be prepared to pay a little more to have manual control at way points.
Apart from my "wanting's"..... I do appreciate the work you at Litchi have and are doing , you have turned my Inspire1 into a very reliable / usefull aerial camera platform.
If I get a usefull rely from DJI support ..I will pass on the info.
...Pete

We've added a new wave of beta testers this week in the order of signups, if you did not get in don't worry the app should be in the store soon (how soon will mostly depend on Apple).

no VR on ios version
and screen look like reduced right left !!
I dont buy it if no VR!!
Can you please NOT double post over the forum with the same comments? - it is against our forum rules. I have deleted your identical posts.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry