Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LOCKING SYSTEM PROPS 1345T INSPIRE 1

PS

Buying two 1345T prop mounts (one "red" and one "white") costs just 5$
Buy Inspire 1 Series - 1345T Propeller Installation Kit | DJI Store

So, for $400 you can buy 160 prop mounts - and you can replace ALL four prop mounts on your aircraft 40 times!

You can decide to change ALL FOUR MOUNTS AND ALL FOUR PROPS when any of them seems suspicious. Based on your info, there is cca 30 hours of flight time before symptom of just ONE potential prop mount failure. As four 1345T monuts will cost $10 and four 1345T props will cost $24, for a price of CF prop set you can fly for ($400/$34)*30h= 350h on fresh 1345T mounts and props;) Not to mention that in such way you retain DJI warranty ;)
Just throwing a monkey wrench in the works coz that's just how I am :p

How to balance the new 1345T quick release props...

@Joe R has done the research and leg work to confirm with DJI that the 1345T Propeller Installation Kit is only meant for the Inspire 1 series specifically for the 3510 motors and not the 3510H motors on the Inspire 1 V2.0 or the Inspire Pro models. So @pixl45 cannot simply swap out his 1345T hubs as you suggest. Assuming all info are correct of course.

Reactions: DrMrdalj
Just throwing a monkey wrench in the works coz that's just how I am :p

How to balance the new 1345T quick release props...

@Joe R has done the research and leg work to confirm with DJI that the 1345T Propeller Installation Kit is only meant for the Inspire 1 series specifically for the 3510 motors and not the 3510H motors on the Inspire 1 V2.0 or the Inspire Pro models. So @pixl45 cannot simply swap out his 1345T hubs as you suggest. Assuming all info are correct of course.

Regarding the model-T qucik release mechanism - as far as I know it is exactly the same for 3510 and 3510H. You can check out that on both motor types mounting points (bolt holes) are exactly at the same distance and exactly of the same diameter... If that was not the case, then even CF prop hubs would be manufactured in two different versions - but they are also the same for 3510 and 3510H...

So, I believe that DJIs /Joes information is just partially correct, but even they consider propr hubs as servicable part. Just for the sake of research you can check out if there is any other part number for replacement hubs and lock for 3510H... As far as I learned there is not, at least in my local DJI dealership and service shop.

If you find some other part number which happens to have some difference related to 3510H I would be grateful to learn...

Last edited:
So whats the lifespan of the 1345T? You guys talk about maintenance but its vague. Yes i check my props everytime before taking off to see if everything is solid. Should i swap props and lock kits after 200/300 flights?

Regarding the model-T qucik release mechanism - as far as I know it is exactly the same for 3510 and 3510H. You can check out that on both motor types mounting points (bolt holes) are exactly at the same distance and exactly of the same diameter... If that was not the case, then even CF prop hubs would be manufactured in two different versions - but they are also the same for 3510 and 3510H...

So, I believe that DJIs /Joes information is just partially correct (probably information comes from some nontechnical source, such as DJI salesperson) - it is true that instalation kit is commercially offered for 3510 becouse 3510H already comes with this part included... Just for the sake of research you can check out if there is any other part number for replacement hubs and lock for 3510H... As far as I learned there is not, at least in my local DJI dealership and service shop.

If you find some other part number which happens to have some difference related to 3510H I would be grateful to learn...
Apparently, Joe mentioned the 3510H motors has built in tabs under the motor bell that are counterweights for the 1345T hub. The 3510 motors do not have such tabs because the 1345T system was introduced only on the V2s/Pros with 3510H. Therefore the 1345T installation kit are meant to upgrade 3510 motors to use 1345T props and not as replacement parts 3510H motors because presumably it would throw the 3510H out of balance since the installation kits will be balanced for 3510 motors without the counterweight tabs under the motor bell.

There is only one part number for the 1345T hubs and lock. Perhaps the reason why there is no other part number for the 1345T hubs and lock is because the 3510H already has them and DJI did not release a replacement part for the 3510H motors. Just because there is only one part number does not mean it is applicable to both motors, it could also mean it was meant for one and not the other.

In fact, there ARE different CP prop "hubs". One for motors with 2 threaded holes and another one for motors with 4 threaded holes. I am not smart enough to do all the research. Just resharing what I have read and learnt from the work others have done. If you read Joe's research on balancing the props.. he sounds way more into balancing them then flying them :D:p

Last edited:
So whats the lifespan of the 1345T? You guys talk about maintenance but its vague. Yes i check my props everytime before taking off to see if everything is solid. Should i swap props and lock kits after 200/300 flights?
If I recall correctly, there is DJI official recommendation in some of Inspire 1 maintenance manuals (downloadeble from their site) that sevice life of quick release props, hubs and springs is aprox. 200 flights. So, you are advised to make careful preflight and regular inspections for any damage or potential malfunction, and to replace props and props mounts (hubs, springs...) if any, even small, issue arises... If there is no any issues you are still advised to replace props and mounts every 200 flights or cca 50 flight hours...
It may happen that I missed some exact numbers, but they can not be much different - to verify just read maintenace and prop manulas from DJI site...

Reactions: Predator
Apparently, Joe mentioned the 3510H motors has built in tabs under the motor bell that are counterweights for the 1345T hub. The 3510 motors do not have such tabs because the 1345T system was introduced only on the V2s/Pros with 3510H. Therefore the 1345T installation kit are meant to upgrade 3510 motors to use 1345T props and not as replacement parts 3510H motors because presumably it would throw the 3510H out of balance since the installation kits will be balanced for 3510 motors without the counterweight tabs under the motor bell.

There is only one part number for the 1345T hubs and lock. Perhaps the reason why there is no other part number for the 1345T hubs and lock is because the 3510H already has them and DJI did not release a replacement part for the 3510H motors. Just because there is only one part number does not mean it is applicable to both motors, it could also mean it was meant for one and not the other.

In fact, there ARE different CP prop "hubs". One for motors with 2 threaded holes and another one for motors with 4 threaded holes. I am not smart enough to do all the research. Just resharing what I have read and learnt from the work others have done. If you read Joe's research on balancing the props.. he sounds way more into balancing them then flying them :D:p

Lol :-D

It does seem that I have spent more time with research than flying. :)

I do fly a lot though.
So far, I have 72 flights on the new I1p
and about 800? On the S800 and S1000.

I really like the I1p! Much easier than the others to setup and fly.

The only thing I've learned to watch more than anything else is to check the IMU for needed calibration.
It seems like they would have a warning rather than having to hit the button to check it. I've had to recalibrate the IMU 3 times over 72 flights but that's not bad really.

Hopefully I can find someone to 3D print my design.
I did get one printed for testing and it works really good after a little filing. I changed the amount of counterweight based on the filing I did. It was a close calculated guess but not perfect.
Once the prop is balanced, it will stay in any position I put it when on the balancer.
I strapped a gopro to the frame and the video was very smooth but it did follow the pitch and roll of the I1p as you would expect. No jello though. :)
Now I just need to talk him into producing them.
I'm letting him have the design for free.
I'm just trying to help . hopefully DJI won't change the design again anytime soon.
That's what my friend is afraid of at the moment. He's afraid that he will print a bunch, then DJI will change the design.
I told him that there will still be a LOT of people with the new props.
I should know in a few days.

Thanks fellas!! :)

I'm on a filming tour through southern TX, Mississippi and Louisiana.
I just hope an alligator don't eat my newest flying camera. Lol :-D

See ya soon.

Joe

Lol :-D
I changed the amount of counterweight based on the filing I did.

Hi Joe,
I kindly ask you to confirm/deny if there are calibrated counterweights in bell of 3510H motor, and if such counterweights are axially asymmetric? What such weights would counter, if everything else is axially simetrical (hubs, props...)? It is for sure that you put so much more time in your research then anyone of us, so I kindly ask you to shed some light to this basic topic which got me confused.

If my mechanical engineering knowledge is complete, when all masses are symmetrical over axis of a motor, then no vibration should be present? Therefore we balance props to be symmetrical over their axises. Therefore motor bells as well as prop hubs should be symmetrical over motor axises.. So, I can not comprehend why there would be asymmetrical balancing counterweights incorporated in motor bells when hubs and props are symmetrically balanced? I have just one idea - that these tabs are balancing points for bell itself (to fine tune bell balance by shaving tabs as appropriate)... I know that it can be that different props, as well as different hubs and bells have different total masses, but if any of these masses are axially symmetrical then rotation should be without any vibration - am I right?

Please comment and advise material for further reading if I missed some point.

Thanks for your effort and contribution.

Last edited:
Hi Joe,
I kindly ask you to confirm/deny if there are calibrated counterweights in bell of 3510H motor, and if such counterweights are axially asymmetric? What such weights would counter, if everything else is axially simetrical (hubs, props...)? It is for sure that you put so much more time in your research then anyone of us, so I kindly ask you to shed some light to this basic topic which got me confused.

If my mechanical engineering knowledge is complete, when all masses are symmetrical over axis of a motor, then no vibration should be present? Therefore we balance props to be symmetrical over their axises. Therefore motor bells as well as prop hubs should be symmetrical over motor axises.. So, I can not comprehend why there would be asymmetrical balancing counterweights incorporated in motor bells when hubs and props are symmetrically balanced? I have just one idea - that these tabs are balancing points for bell itself (to fine tune bell balance by shaving tabs as appropriate)... I know that it can be that different props, as well as different hubs and bells have different total masses, but if any of these masses are axially symmetrical then rotation should be without any vibration - am I right?

Hi,

You are right. If that counterbalance is in line with the blades (with the right axis), it wouldn't matter.

If you'll look at this page, How to balance the new 1345T quick release props...
There are a couple of photos that I posted that show the depths. You'll see that there is a 3mm difference in depth from the side of the bell to the counterweight mass.
The shallow part does not line up with the prop blade. The shallow (13mm) part lines up closer to the notches in the prop than it does with the blades.
So, through much testing with spinning the bell while using an X and Y axis measuring tool (highly precise) it was determined that without the prop, there is a .1mm vibration at 8000 rpms. However, with the prop on and after being properly balanced, vibration was down to less than .005mm.

It doesn't seem like much.
It's difficult to feel a .1mm vibration with no prop but with an unbalance prop, it's very noticeable.

It was determined that it takes the prop, counterbalanced housing and the locking tabs to make it work with the least amount of harmonic distortion.
I'm sure you are familiar with harmonic distortion. It will vibrate at some rpm no matter how well balanced it is.
Every car will vibrate at a certain speed.
Ha, some vibrate at all speeds. Lol :)
I should have referred to this phenomenon as self resonant frequency.
Sorry, I've driven a couple of thousand miles in the last three days and I'm tired. :)

Try measuring the hubs as I have in the photos and I think you find that the counterweight doesn't line up with the blades.
The blue blobs are there for fine balancing and was in fact done with a simulated prop at DJIs plant. I was finally able to speak with someone that could tell me how they were balanced at the factory.
It is balanced while spinning the same as a tire shop would balance the tires for your car. The computer tells them where to put it and how much to use.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the motor, prop and locking tabs were designed to work as one unit or system.
That means that I need to simulate the prop locking hub and motor counterbalance for static balancing the props.

I would guess that DJI has a tolerance they go by when spin balancing the motor and maybe .1mm on the X, Y axis is acceptable?

I hope this helps.

I'm in Arkansas in a campground at the moment but headed toward Tx. I'll be starting a filming tour on Monday.
I won't be back at my shop till the second week in April.

I'll try to keep my eye on this thread.

All the best!!

Joe

Edited the morning after getting a little rest. :)

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

After sleeping on it, I understand better what you are saying.
You are right, it shouldn't vibrate at all even with no prop.
I would suggest that my vibration is coming from an improperly balanced housing. That would mean that all motors are slightly out of babance on mine.
I'm using the prop to finish balancing the motor. That's why I have to keep the prop and motor matched.
I have them numbered so they go back on the same motor.

There is still a point where the prop wants to stay at when balancing because of the lighter portion of the hub. That only happens when static balancing.

The goal for me is to be able to put the prop in any position and have it stay after its perfectly balanced.

True, during a spin up, it won't vibrate but again, it's considered to be part of the motor. It's not quite as cut and dry as you might think.

I may be splitting hairs by being so precise about this. I won't deny that.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited:
I installed the new prop locks on my version 1 no problems no shakes nothing

LOCKING SYSTEM PROPS 1345T INSPIRE 1
Do any of you experienced flyers know if there is a secure lock that can be fitted on props 1345T for Inspire 1 so they can be securely locked when in the sky.

Thank you.

I would buy T Motor carbon fiber folding props and use it in place of DJI plastic props

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare