Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for a Android 10" tablet for your Inspire

Reaction score
Hi

I did almost buy the Sony Xperia z3 tablet (8") but decided to wait until release info from the new Sony Xperia Z4 tablet came...

Here are the full Xperia Z4 Tablet specifications:
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • 10.1in IPS Triluminos screen, 2560x1600, 300ppi, 500cd/m2
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 64-bit, Adreno 430
  • 3GB RAM
  • 32GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
  • 8.1Mp rear camera with Exmor RS
  • 5.1Mp wide angle front camera
  • MHL 3.0
  • Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • Nano-SIM (LTE model)
  • 6000 mAh battery
  • 254 x 167 x 6.1 mm
  • 392g (Wi-Fi), 396g (LTE)
  • Black, white
As many knows it is water and dust proof (IP65/IP68) and the microUSB port is not covered as it was on the Xperia z3..

And the size now fit perfectly on the Inspire 1 remote :)

So only drawback is that it will first be available around June... but until then I will use my Ipad mini 2...

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/tablets/xperia-z4-tablet/#white

I just picked up 2 8.4" tablets to replace iPad mini2 . . . I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab s, and the Dell Venue 8 7000 - will be testing them outside to see how they holdup in the sunlight shorty . . .

Any feedback on these
I bought an "open Box" Galaxy Tab S 8.4 at a discount and thought it was nice until I bought a Galaxy Note 4 8.4 to use for the second controller. With both of them side by side, the Note 4 was much brighter and neither one showed any objectionable lag. I returned the Tab S and got another Note 4. The Tab S has the better screen by the specs, but the Note 4 is plenty good enough. Of course, the processor in any of these tablets is not fast enough for 4k playback.

If you have a Costco nearby, they have the Note 4 for $189.99 and it comes with a protective sleeve. Two of them in their sleeves fit perfectly in the Inspire case where the manuals box was. I've even added some velcro to mine for the sunshields I made and they still fit snugly in the slot for safe transport.

I bought an "open Box" Galaxy Tab S 8.4 at a discount and thought it was nice until I bought a Galaxy Note 4 8.4 to use for the second controller. With both of them side by side, the Note 4 was much brighter and neither one showed any objectionable lag. I returned the Tab S and got another Note 4. The Tab S has the better screen by the specs, but the Note 4 is plenty good enough. Of course, the processor in any of these tablets is not fast enough for 4k playback.

If you have a Costco nearby, they have the Note 4 for $189.99 and it comes with a protective sleeve. Two of them in their sleeves fit perfectly in the Inspire case where the manuals box was. I've even added some velcro to mine for the sunshields I made and they still fit snugly in the slot for safe transport.

Thanks

Don't recommend them. The Galaxy was laggy, and the Dell had no compass.
What dell are you referring to? I have the venue 8 7000 (2015) and it does have a compass. What version of the app are you running? I heard after the update on 4/16 to 1.0.10 a lot of Android devices weren't working properly. Was yours work Okay now?
Thanks

Yeah I had 2015 version. Definitely doesn't have compass.... Does your map turn with you when you spin?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool