Looks like DJI has TB 48 batteries in stock

Reaction score
I got a tip on another forum that DJI had new stocks of batteries for older models that previously weren’t available so I checked it out and seemingly they do have TB 48 batteries in stock. For US customers at least.

I no longer have my I1 so I haven’t actually bought any but I know TB 48 availability is a big deal for the I1 community so I thought I’d share.

That is almost unreal

Wow. I'm amazed.

I was actually able to purchase a TB48 a few months ago (March), but it was like this back alley deal through their support portal. It felt like a one-time deal that I might never be able to exploit ever again. So this is good news. I presently have 4 newish batteries in my arsenal; The TB48 from March (less than 10 flights), and three TB47's I purchased from a forum member with less than 20 flights on each. In addition I have about 10 more TB48's that are sort of retired, all have more than 50 flights on them - some more than 80 flights. So I'm actually in good shape battery-wise, but I must say that I am very tempted to take advantage of the availability.

Thanx for sharing this.

D

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet
Donnie, only tangentially related but do you know of a way to convert a TB 47 charger to a TB 50 charger? I have the hex charging station for the TB 48s (the one that charges 6 batteries simultaneously) that’d I’d love to convert to charge TB 50s. Got any ideas? I figure you are the king of dyi power stations

I would have had to have actually done the conversion to be of any help. I know that the LiPo cell configurations are exactly the same. That said...

I would start with an adapter cable. Dollars to doughnuts, that is all that is needed, as I would bet the TB50 only uses 2 of those pins for charging (or maybe 2 sets of 2 pins wired in parallel).

D

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the reply. So far haven’t been able to find any adapters.

I'm really tempted to pick up 1 or 2 batteries, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm keeping my Inspire 1 haha

Reactions: Robert Jackson
Thanks for the tip. Just bought one. Paid 199. I previously bought one from a manufacturer out of Sweden for 385....so glad DJI saw the light and realized how many I1 folks are still flying

Reactions: mikieh51
Good to know.

Worth noting, myself and another forum member just purchased new TB48 batteries direct from DJI a couple months ago for $200/each. I had to go through their support portal to purchase it.

D

I have purchased adapter cables on eBay for my Mavic Pro and my P4P. The P4P cable MIGHT work. If not, I would check on eBay.

D
Donnie I couldn’t find anything on eBay or I might not be searching the right terms. Do you have a suggestion on what I should search on eBay?

Donnie I couldn’t find anything on eBay or I might not be searching the right terms. Do you have a suggestion on what I should search on eBay?
I would use different syntax. I did a quick search myself and included the word "adapter" to find this:

These are for a Mavic 2.

I'm away from my house where the cables are, but here are some older photos of the Phantom cables in action:

These particular cables have banana plugs on the line side. I show you this photo so you know they exist and what they look like.

D

Reactions: Brett8883
Ah I didn’t think about going to banana plugs or any other kind of adapter to adapter. Thank you sir

Reactions: Donnie Frank