Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Low Light Help Needed with X5s

Reaction score
(Before I get started, yes, I am aware of the 107.29 waiver needed)

I have a shoot coming up where I'll need to fly at night while capturing some far off city lights as well as some lonely roads where I will be tracking a car. I will be shooting this in RAW so I should have a bit more room to pull up the exposure, then de-noise in post. However, each article I read suggests different methods. One article says to never let ISO go above 800 while another says to shoot in automatic and fix in post.

I plan to do some testing before the real shoot, but wanted to ask the experts in this forum and get some suggestions. Oh, and I plan to use the 25mm lens for this job in case that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Do the shoot at dusk or dawn instead of actually at night.

Then you'll have some light on everything around the car instead of it all being black.

Iso 1600 is useable depending on what you want the cottage for after, but lower is obviously better in most cases

Do the shoot at dusk or dawn instead of actually at night.

Then you'll have some light on everything around the car instead of it all being black.

Iso 1600 is useable depending on what you want the cottage for after, but lower is obviously better in most cases
Good idea. I'll add this to my test shots and see if I can pull it down enough in post to make it look darker than it is while still being able to see detail in the subject and the surroundings. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486