Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 300

I'm not dealing with legents.
If you stay in this forum only will probably never hear about other things related to m600 as this one is mainly oriented to inspires. There are posts in the dji forum on that matter as well there was one youtube video but I don't have the time for diging them out. You can do your research on that matter. The main reason for their fail was broken screw in the folding prop.
I respect your opinion as an opinion. I have not, nor has my enterprise dealer, heard of a 600 crashing over a single motor or propeller failure. If I do I'll post it here...

I respect your opinion as an opinion. I have not, nor has my enterprise dealer, heard of a 600 crashing over a single motor or propeller failure. If I do I'll post it here...
Opinion and fact are two very different things.

Here is some reading for you and your dealer: M600 pro propeller screws popped off, crashed
And one more: M600 Propeller break midflight - inevitable crash landing

And another case ...

With more digging one can find more cases of not so happy crash landings caused by broken props in mid air, some of wich could be a pilot error or maintanence error but the broken prop is a problem that was reported several times and there are interesting explanations and work arounds on that matter.

And here is one accident by esc error, which also could be a broken prop as the esc error doesn't allways mean it's the esc who started the problem but the esc could report abnormal work of the motor after failure of the prop or the motor itself:
As can be seen in this video the crash landing is far from safe landing as destroying the gimbal with it's payload could cost more than the drone itself, also if that fells on someone he could be fataly injured.

Opinion and fact are two very different things.

Here is some reading for you and your dealer: M600 pro propeller screws popped off, crashed
And one more: M600 Propeller break midflight - inevitable crash landing

And another case ...

With more digging one can find more cases of not so happy crash landings caused by broken props in mid air, some of wich could be a pilot error or maintanence error but the broken prop is a problem that was reported several times and there are interesting explanations and work arounds on that matter.

And here is one accident by esc error, which also could be a broken prop as the esc error doesn't allways mean it's the esc who started the problem but the esc could report abnormal work of the motor after failure of the prop or the motor itself:
As can be seen in this video the crash landing is far from safe landing as destroying the gimbal with it's payload could cost more than the drone itself, also if that fells on someone he could be fataly injured.
My 600 gets an annual inspection at the dealer, plus I thoroughly inspect props and screws as part of preflight. And the videos you posted shows the aircraft doing exactly what is supposed to do on a single motor/prop failure, a controlled crash to avoid injury.

My 600 gets an annual inspection at the dealer, plus I thoroughly inspect props and screws as part of preflight. And the videos you posted shows the aircraft doing exactly what is supposed to do on a single motor/prop failure, a controlled crash to avoid injury.
If you read the whole posts and see what the people are saying for their accidents will notice that the landing wasn't controlled at all and it's more of a luck bad or good, the m600 simply descends where it is and the speed of that from the video with the esc error doesn't seem safe enough for avoiding injury as well it destroyed the payload, you know very well that this is 15 kg going down with 5 m/s.

There was also a photo comparing the old and new blade designs where can be seen that the old ones are thinner with about 30% but from one of the posts can be seen that the problem was in the screws and not the blade itself. So if one is hanging 5kg payload will be good to replace his props with the newer ones that come with m600 pro and before every flight to check are all screws are in place and don't keep the blades stiff as the pilot said that this screw breaking happened multiple times on the stiffer blades.

If you read the whole posts and see what the people are saying for their accidents will notice that the landing wasn't controlled at all and it's more of a luck bad or good, the m600 simply descends where it is and the speed of that from the video with the esc error doesn't seem safe enough for avoiding injury as well it destroyed the payload, you know very well that this is 15 kg going down with 5 m/s.

There was also a photo comparing the old and new blade designs where can be seen that the old ones are thinner with about 30% but from one of the posts can be seen that the problem was in the screws and not the blade itself. So if one is hanging 5kg payload will be good to replace his props with the newer ones that come with m600 pro and before every flight to check are all screws are in place and don't keep the blades stiff as the pilot said that this screw breaking happened multiple times on the stiffer blades.
Re-read previous reply, slowly. E.O.D.

I admire you about doing your propper maintenance. But this is not the point of this conversation.

I think you should re-read my posts, slowly. And I'll remind you that you replyed on my comment saying that I'm talking about legends regarding the broken propeller crashes of m600 ;)
I have not, nor has my enterprise dealer, heard of a 600 crashing over a single motor or propeller failure.
I simply spent some time to dig out the posts I'm talking about, where people had crashes because of a prop failure, because you say that no one in your world have heard about such accidents. So go back and check the links that I was so nice to find for you and check them slowly so to realize that those people are actually crashing from prop failure some of them with total loss, it's all written there.

the videos you posted shows the aircraft doing exactly what is supposed to do on a single motor/prop failure, a controlled crash to avoid injury
Maybe you should check them again as none of the videos is showing any kind of control that is enough for the pilot to choose a place for the crash because with the heavy payload the drone cannot hoover with 5 props, it goes down where it is so there is no way to intentionally avoid hitting something. This is just marketing, for selling those as a safer ones.

To say the least it's an awesome platform. ? Love the new PFD (primary flight display). The smart inspection features are exactly what has been needed for quite some time. Smart track with the H20 performs incredibly well. The advanced dual control is going to enable some new opportunities both with public safety (namely some of the DFR programs) as well as utility and line work. Very well done by DJI ?
What's the list price (aircraft only)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters