Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max altitude

Reaction score
my inspire has done this 3 times here lately. When I start up the controller and then the inspire while it is doing its thing, all of the sudden it says max altitude reached. And you can look on the go app and it shows 523',1235' it will then start going down quickly and when it reaches 0' it stops. Now this is when the motors have not been started. I am calibrated, firmware updated and all mods look good. The 1st time I was hovering 7' off the ground and when the app said max alt it dropped to a hard landing and I had no control. Batteries are good also.

Any advice why this happening?

Thanks

my inspire has done this 3 times here lately. When I start up the controller and then the inspire while it is doing its thing, all of the sudden it says max altitude reached. And you can look on the go app and it shows 523',1235' it will then start going down quickly and when it reaches 0' it stops. Now this is when the motors have not been started. I am calibrated, firmware updated and all mods look good. The 1st time I was hovering 7' off the ground and when the app said max alt it dropped to a hard landing and I had no control. Batteries are good also.

Any advice why this happening?

Thanks
You either have a faulty barometer or corrupted firmware.
Your aircraft is dangerous to fly in the state it is at the moment so I would keep it grounded until you can rectify the problem for the safety of everyone.
If you are airborne when this fault occurs the Inspire will think it is much higher than it is and will attempt to decend quickly where you will have no control.
If you were 100 feet up and the aircraft thought it was above max permissable altitude it would drop that 100 feet to the ground and could hit something or someone.

The only thing you can try is reloading the firmware and if that doesn't solve the issue then it is a hardware problem and will require the Inspire to be sent in for repair.

(Already advised via PM the above)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido