Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mixing FW modules with 02.0200

Reaction score
after a bit of mucking about i have finally settled upon my own custom firmware mix using V01.01.0010 flight controller and the latest fw, V01.02.0200, for the rest of the modules.

No more landing gear errors and the speed is back. The new cinecore & exfat features are working well. Horizon is as it should be and i havent noticed any drift after a few flights.
I know it voids warranty blah blah but i didnt think i could do much worse than dji's poor attempt.

apologies for the poor video. Need another arm. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil DeVore
install whatever version you want, then on the later version 0200 remove the 306 (flight controller), module and flash.

after a bit of mucking about i have finally settled upon my own custom firmware mix using V01.01.0010 flight controller and the latest fw, V01.02.0200, for the rest of the modules.

No more landing gear errors and the speed is back. The new cinecore & exfat features are working well. Horizon is as it should be and i havent noticed any drift after a few flights.
I know it voids warranty blah blah but i didnt think i could do much worse than dji's poor attempt.

I'm curious as to why you chose .0010 and not .0330 which I believe was the latest version where NFZ and ALT settings could be modified. What is it about .0010 that you found better?

NFZ & height dont bother me. I chose 0010 as i was just mucking around with it but discovered a good combo by trial and error. I started playing as my hover was unstable and 02 0100 was just too slow for some of the work i do. Also 0010 has RTH obstacle avoidance.
Strange thing is 0010 by itself didnt hover well but with 0200 mix it does. I thought the hover was all done by the flight controller so i cant understand why this combo has a better hover. Maybe placebo effect :)

Reactions: RotorWash

Interested to learn which version of GO4 you're using with this latest mix and if on IOS or Android.

Last edited:

Aha, finally hackers are appearing! Lucky you that everything works to your liking. Unfortunately this is truly last resort, desperate solution for the brave ones. Every production batch of particular DJI product may react differently to FW - modified or not - installation. That's why same pilots are reporting failures, while others (the majority?) are flying happily with no issues whatsoever. IMHO, every DJI drone must be fully functional after unboxing and activation. If not, you have enough time to return purchased item and demand replacement or refund.

Interested to learn which version of GO4 you're using with this latest mix and if on IOS or Android.

i use a UB CS with the latest fw and dji go 4.30 standard and also a modified version of 4122 with EU Galileo high definition ground tracking system on a cendence. Slave is ipad pro 10.5 running a modified version of go 430.

Aha, finally hackers are appearing! Lucky you that everything works to your liking. Unfortunately this is truly last resort, desperate solution for the brave ones. Every production batch of particular DJI product may react differently to FW - modified or not - installation. That's why same pilots are reporting failures, while others (the majority?) are flying happily with no issues whatsoever. IMHO, every DJI drone must be fully functional after unboxing and activation. If not, you have enough time to return purchased item and demand replacement or refund.

yes agree. FW modding is dangerous if you don't know what your doing. It is not for everyone that's for sure. However there are gains to be had that may suit the environment you fly in.
With the latest FW, dji are hell bent on closing down the mods and have completely re-coded the flight controller and hidden that from us with a few extra bells & whistles to temp us to upgrade. They also say you cannot downgrade beyond 02.0100 ( yeh right).
This I2 flys better than it ever has, for the conditions i fly in, and i couldnt be happier. It is now "fully functional". ;)

i use a UB CS with the latest fw and dji go 4.30 standard and also a modified version of 4122 with EU Galileo high definition ground tracking system on a cendence. Slave is ipad pro 10.5 running a modified version of go 430.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to try your combo to further improve the performance and reliability (especially during the high stress shoots). Currently running a modded version of the latest FW. But can't seem to rollback to .0010FW on AC now. Errors out everytime. Guess I'll be troubleshooting tonight instead.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to try your combo to further improve the performance and reliability (especially during the high stress shoots). Currently running a modded version of the latest FW. But can't seem to rollback to .0010FW on AC now. Errors out everytime. Guess I'll be troubleshooting tonight instead.

a pleasure. Are you trying rollback with DUMRacer? Its the only way that worked for me. It will fail on the first run, dont reboot, just run it again and the downgrade will complete. cheers.

I agree with you about DJI not doing any better! I sometimes wonder what their engineers do at their jobs?? With all the research that they’re supposed to be doing why do we end up with the c—p that they call firmware updates? It’s pretty sad that we (as consumers and pilots) pay all this money and then we have to sort out the problems ourselves. Oh don’t get me started on this line of conversation or I’ll really go off.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry