Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Moving SSD cards to new Inspire 2

Reaction score
Hey all! We purchased a new Inspire 2 after a crash and now all our SSD cards we used on the prior drone will not work. After calls with DJI tech support they feel it's because the SSD cards have the previous Prores key on them. They said we need to buy all new SSD cards. Crazy! So, how do I use our old SSD cards on our new Inspire 2 drone? Right now the DJI Go software is not "seeing" the cards, can't format them or anything. Suggestions? Help. Thanks in advance!

Hey all! We purchased a new Inspire 2 after a crash and now all our SSD cards we used on the prior drone will not work. After calls with DJI tech support they feel it's because the SSD cards have the previous Prores key on them. They said we need to buy all new SSD cards. Crazy! So, how do I use our old SSD cards on our new Inspire 2 drone? Right now the DJI Go software is not "seeing" the cards, can't format them or anything. Suggestions? Help. Thanks in advance!
So I just activated licenses on a new I2 today and was momentarily confounded when the aircraft didn’t seem to recognize the SSD but I figured it out you have to go into the video settings and turn on the SSD the first time THEN it sees it and you can format it.

License keys are on the drone not the SSD.

You also may have to activate the new licenses with Assistant 2 even if you purchased an I2 with the licenses already on it.

So I just activated licenses on a new I2 today and was momentarily confounded when the aircraft didn’t seem to recognize the SSD but I figured it out you have to go into the video settings and turn on the SSD the first time THEN it sees it and you can format it.

License keys are on the drone not the SSD.

You also may have to activate the new licenses with Assistant 2 even if you purchased an I2 with the licenses already on it.

Appreciate the response and I understand. The problem is that the buttons to turn the SSD under video settings are greyed out. Therefore, I cannot turn it on. And that happens for all our SSD cards we own. Not recognized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa