Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Music resource for Videos question?

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good place to get background music to accompany my inspire videos thats not copy righted?

Many thanks.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get background music to accompany my inspire videos thats not copy righted?

Many thanks.
Have you tried using the search facility on the forum?

Eric is a contributor here and is happy for you to use his compositions as long as you credit/link him in the video.

Free Music Resource for Your Videos

There are also many other royalty free websites available that have been discussed on here many times.

Here's where I go.
Soundimage.org
No copyrights or licensing fees. Read his conditions, as long as you list him in credits, totally free.
I made a donation, but it is not mandatory.

I can do custom music for you, also.

--Brent
Play 5 Multimedia, LLC

...if they have a Mac...

And, even then, getting a quality piece that tells the story of the imagery isn't that easy.

--Brent
Play 5 Multimedia, LLC

Yup. You do need some or are prepared to get some musical experience.

Okay. I have just had a chat with one of my old friends who likes to make electronic music.

He is up for providing some royalty free music for your footage. He may end up charging at some point and you will need to negotiate with him. It would probably be bespoke so you can talk to him about what kind of mood you are looking for :)

Editor - sorry if this is infringes any thing. Not sure about the whole approved sellers or how this would be acceptable here?

Last edited:
OK, depends where it's going & what you're doing with it.
1) There are free music sites (lots), but be careful. If a contributor sees their music down loaded, they can then "licence" the rights to collection agency, who will then put a copyright claim. Embarrassing if they approach your end client etc for the money or a take down notice. Be warned that just because its free now, thats not to say in a years time someone hasn't brought the rights. Make sure you have a licence, even if no money changed hands.
2) If for Youtube, they have a stock of music you can use in their creator section for free. As controlled by youtube, very unlikely to a copyright claim in the future, although selection is limited and so is over used.
3) Bulk pay. So 70% of the time I use Audioblocks ( http://audioblocks.refr.cc/8N7VND9 ) its cost me $90 a year, has thousands of pieces of music/sound effects etc. If there is ever a copyright claim issued (which can happen on popular stuff), you just email them, and with 24 hours they sort it out, and get the claim removed.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: SanCap
Mind you that 'free' rights free music normally is only free when you use it for a personal video, with no commercial use. Except maybe the instant groove in a box type (like garageband and the likes) with some sound fx or sample dubbed over it. Hardly what one calls composed music. More what I call constructed, press a button kind of 'music'.
But if that's all you need, why not.

If you use composed music commercially you normally have to pay the rights for the use in that particular production.

i'm a pianist and composer of rights free music film scores, usually tailor made to a particular production or clip.

edit: tried posting a link but didn't work as it should. I'll post when it's ok again.

Last edited:
Mind you that 'free' rights free music normally is only free when you use it for a personal video, with no commercial use. Except maybe the instant groove in a box type (like garageband and the likes) with some sound fx or sample dubbed over it. Hardly what one calls composed music. More what I call constructed, press a button kind of 'music'.
But if that's all you need, why not.

If you use composed music commercially you normally have to pay the rights for the use in that particular production.

i'm a pianist and composer of rights free music film scores, usually tailor made to a particular production or clip.

edit: tried posting a link but didn't work as it should. I'll post when it's ok again.

Maybe this works: Do you want my love

It seems it does. This is an example of a score I did for a sculptress' artwork impression

Here a demo with very short examples:

Last edited:
OK, depends where it's going & what you're doing with it.
1) There are free music sites (lots), but be careful. If a contributor sees their music down loaded, they can then "licence" the rights to collection agency, who will then put a copyright claim. Embarrassing if they approach your end client etc for the money or a take down notice. Be warned that just because its free now, thats not to say in a years time someone hasn't brought the rights. Make sure you have a licence, even if no money changed hands.
2) If for Youtube, they have a stock of music you can use in their creator section for free. As controlled by youtube, very unlikely to a copyright claim in the future, although selection is limited and so is over used.
3) Bulk pay. So 70% of the time I use Audioblocks ( http://audioblocks.refr.cc/8N7VND9 ) its cost me $90 a year, has thousands of pieces of music/sound effects etc. If there is ever a copyright claim issued (which can happen on popular stuff), you just email them, and with 24 hours they sort it out, and get the claim removed.

Hope that helps.

I did not know about Audioblocks, thanks.

Youtube has royalty free music you can use,

While not free or cheap Pond5 has really good audio tracks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi