Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ND Filters for X5?

Anyone know the perfect filter for shooting 1/50 iso100 24fps at f5.6 f8 on bright sunny days? i dont want to buy a bunch of filters like the polar pro kit and find out i only use one of the entire kit like i did with my X3...

You'll probably need more than one ND filter for this thing if you're going to do this right and want to get the best out of it.
IMO .9 and 1.5 would be a good start and make sure you get good filters, you spent all this money, don't skimp on the cheap bits.

Hey i know i just decided to bite the bullet and buy the Heliopan Variable nd filter that way ill be covered and i like fine tuning my exposure.

I have the stock DJI MFT lens.

Has anyone used the Neewer ND8 Filter for the X5? The weight is 10 g. Removing the balancing ring, and replacing with the ND filter should be balanced according to DJI=MFT+ND8+Lens hood.

Polar Pro ND8 weighs in at 6 g. That seems low?

I am looking for one that does not require a counter balance of a coin or other object on the camera.

Hey i know i just decided to bite the bullet and buy the Heliopan Variable nd filter that way ill be covered and i like fine tuning my exposure.

The variable ND filters weight a lot more I think. Let us know.

The variable ND filters weight a lot more I think. Let us know.
I already have a cheap K&F variable ND filter on my X5 and no issues no weird noises on the inspire or my Osmo! But its cheap thats why i ordered the Heliopan. You pay more but Its the top variable nd filter on the market same as Tiffen you do not lose any sharpness.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
I already have a cheap K&F variable ND filter on my X5 and no issues no weird noises on the inspire or my Osmo! But its cheap thats why i ordered the Heliopan. You pay more but Its the top variable nd filter on the market same as Tiffen you do not lose any sharpness.
Have you received this filter yet? could you let us know the overall weight please.

Hey it was a temp solution i am using Heliopan variable gray ND filter now much better imo. Too much vignetting on the K&F but its only 20$

Hi Predator, It was the new Heliopan that I was referring to, sorry I should have made my previous comments clearer. Thanks for your help.

I recieved Polar Pro set of filters for X5 just today and I`m quite pleased by the set. All filters look very well built and CP filters have very precise, smooth rotation and all are super light. They are shipped with GREAT filter case and 6 small filter pouches, if you don`t want to use a case for some reason. The price you need to pay for their lightness is that the glass itself is ON the of the metal rim and therefore is not protected. It`s very easy to chip the edge or make smudges on them - they are VERY, VERY FINE. They don`t seem to have any anti-dirt coating as my biger Hoya filters, but it`s understandable in this price. Still you`ll need very clean and fine cloht to clean them. Can`t tell much about the quality of the glass yet, but they seem good to me so far.

Did yours include the filter case? I just received mine from Amazon, with no case. Just the stupid little baggies.

$200.00 filter and In a Baggie they should be ashamed of them self. Even the cheaper one on eBay come in a case.

Reactions: Ftolino
LOL. Ordered the case from PolarPro, and they sent me the P3/X3 case, and not the X5 case. Batting a thousand here.

Reactions: Bozz
I have the stock DJI MFT lens.

Has anyone used the Neewer ND8 Filter for the X5? The weight is 10 g. Removing the balancing ring, and replacing with the ND filter should be balanced according to DJI=MFT+ND8+Lens hood.

Polar Pro ND8 weighs in at 6 g. That seems low?

I am looking for one that does not require a counter balance of a coin or other object on the camera.

Our filters were designed to be extremely lightweight. They do only weigh 6 grams!
-PolarPro

Did yours include the filter case? I just received mine from Amazon, with no case. Just the stupid little baggies.

I ordered my set of 6 PolarPro filters from a dealer in the UK and got them in a box with just the baggies. No case either, sadly.

I guess that's just the way it is in the UK

Check out the X5 Unboxing video. Just cutting head-to-head camera comparison of the X3 to the X5 pro. Following the channel, should be up later in the week.

I ordered my set of 6 PolarPro filters from a dealer in the UK and got them in a box with just the baggies. No case either, sadly.

I guess that's just the way it is in the UK

I found them not a lot of use. Ok In one direction, too much camera adjustment required when change of direct, or significant cloud shift. Found it easier to shoot flat, and enhance in Adobe PP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan