Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ndvi camera

I am also interested in the best option for an I2. Had a converted X3 for my I1, considering biting the bullet and going with a Sequoia or something similar.

Received my camera. Still waiting on my bird which has been sitting waiting for customs clearance for over a week now. Hope it clears soon.

I am also interested in the best option for an I2. Had a converted X3 for my I1, considering biting the bullet and going with a Sequoia or something similar.

How was the quality with the X3, I have been contemplating doing that. Is it worth doing or would you suggest going a different route?

It's about as decent as you are going to get until you take the plunge into true multispec. They are all just filters until that point.

We are using a Mapir Survey 2 with an external Gps logger. It has the ability to be calibrated against ground targets which increases accuracy of the images against weather conditions.

The x3 modded cams dont seem to work very well which is why we chose to externally mount a camera on the i1 instead.

Like others have said this is as far as you can go without getting into true multi spectral units.

Had been looking at getting an x3 version for my I1, but was wondering would a flir do the same thing? I know that's a big jump in price, but since we were looking at one already would it cover both needs (Ag and inspection) or would I be better off getting an NDVI camera for ag specific jobs?

NIR and FLIR IR are not the same. Thermograpghy in Ag is in it's infancy and at present has many challenges that we are working through, reliable mapping is one of them. If I was you, skip the NIR and get a Red Edge or Sequoia and a Pix4d account.

NIR and FLIR IR are not the same. Thermograpghy in Ag is in it's infancy and at present has many challenges that we are working through, reliable mapping is one of them. If I was you, skip the NIR and get a Red Edge or Sequoia and a Pix4d account.

Have you ever tried any of the Peau Productions Mapir gear? We have some at the moment but were thinking of building our own modular unit if the demand arises from them next. They come in cheaper than the sequoia etc

Its was a mod for the camera. The ir filter is removed and replaced with a different filter. The guys that did it are pros and normally do a great job. They always check their work before sending out. Well something wasn't done quite right and because the only way to test the x5s is ON the I2 mine wasn't able to be tested. The darn thing won't focus farther than 18 inches away so at this point no good. The camera can be either put back to original or the conversion can be fixed but to do that I will need to send the entire bird (unless an osmo handle comes out for it but I'm not holding my breath). I will send the entire unit after harvest but for now am just using my egg x5s to see what I can.
I have seen cameras that these guys have converted (for regular photographic wwork) and they do quality work. When I contacted them they were genuinely sorry and concerned about their job and will redo the job at no charge as soon as I can send it in.

Its was a mod for the camera. The ir filter is removed and replaced with a different filter. The guys that did it are pros and normally do a great job. They always check their work before sending out. Well something wasn't done quite right and because the only way to test the x5s is ON the I2 mine wasn't able to be tested. The darn thing won't focus farther than 18 inches away so at this point no good. The camera can be either put back to original or the conversion can be fixed but to do that I will need to send the entire bird (unless an osmo handle comes out for it but I'm not holding my breath). I will send the entire unit after harvest but for now am just using my egg x5s to see what I can.
I have seen cameras that these guys have converted (for regular photographic wwork) and they do quality work. When I contacted them they were genuinely sorry and concerned about their job and will redo the job at no charge as soon as I can send it in.

Thanks for the update.

Hello Everyone,

Greeting from Ecuador, I've just bought the X3 modified for NDVI analysis but I didn't have the expected results. I've loaded my pics in DroneDeploy and the NDVI analysis makes no sense. I was trying to apply the NDVI formula ((NIR-Red) / (NIR+Red) => (Band3 Blue - Band1 Red ) / (Band3 Blue + Band1 Red ) ) in a raster calculator but resulting NDVI index is always negative, probably it's something bands related but I cannot find the way to make this work. I should say that graphically, the NDVI orthomosais makes a lot of sense which is good, but the index doesn't

Regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen