Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need Help with tracking down a circuit board

Reaction score
So, I bought an Inspire 1 V2.0 off of a buddy and was flying it when I got distracted and crashed it from about 15 feet. After fixing a couple things on the drone now I get a "Gimbal cannot Receive Main Controller data". I recalibrated the IMU and the Gimbal, which didn't work. Upon further review, after taking the nose off of the bird I can see where the small circuit board in the nose of the bird that is attached to the Ncore is damaged. Pieces of "metal" from the circuit board were stuck in the inside of the nose and if you look close you can see where it has came off of the circuit board.

I am assuming that if I can replace this piece then it should correct my gimbal going limp issue. I contacted DJI and they didn't have a part number for it, and I cant seem to locate it as a replacement part. Has anyone ever seen one for sale or know how I can go about getting one? I would hate to send my bird in for repair when i'm sure the issue is staring right at me, and it looks very easy to replace, just unscrew, unplug and replace.

Thanks

From the picture, from the bottom right corner you can see where some of the circuit is missing, took me a long time to even see it was missing

Attachments

• IMG_7334.JPG
    IMG_7334.JPG
    892.4 KB · Views: 24
That’s the compass and I have a spare. Check your wires from the ncore to the gimbal plate also and the gimbal plate itself.

That’s the compass and I have a spare. Check your wires from the ncore to the gimbal plate also and the gimbal plate itself.

From what I can tell all the wires are in good shape, no cuts, frays, or anything like that. And all are secure and connected. Are you saying you have an extra circuit board or the whole Ncore.

From what I can tell all the wires are in good shape, no cuts, frays, or anything like that. And all are secure and connected. Are you saying you have an extra circuit board or the whole Ncore.
I have both. That circuit board is the compass.

Sometimes those wires come unplugged during a crash. Have seen it even with hard landings. Was your camera damaged during the crash at all.

I believe I have an extra too. Let me know via reply or PM if someone hasn't got in touch with you yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac