Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need infrared gimbal for Inspire 1. Reasonable price. Will entertain all offers.

I hope somebody who knows better will correct me if this is bad advice, but I think you'll need an Inspire 2 to loft a thermal sensor and it won't be cheap. The Inspire 2's got a gimbal that will take a FLIR, and there are a few options plus DJI's dual camera.

There are also the concerns of The Editor about export of the tech, and I've needed to get on the phone to get pricing about thermal cameras.

I'm saving up for a Mavic 2 Dual, which at something less than $3000 might be the best deal these days for a thermal sensor with reasonable resolution and features. I bought a Parrot Bebop Thermal, found it's a joke, and sold it on eBay for less than 1/3 of what I paid for it, only had a couple bidders.

Meanwhile, I settled on Yuneec Typhoon H + CGO-ET as the lowest-priced thermal rig and it's very low resolution. The CGO-ET gets thermal plus low-light images in the same video file so it's an easy edit to overlay the low-resolution thermal over the HD visual.

I don't think there's a thermal option for the Inspire 1, might be something if you add the X5 gimbal option or get an Inspire 1 V2 but I haven't found it yet.

Can anybody add to this?

I hope somebody who knows better will correct me if this is bad advice, but I think you'll need an Inspire 2 to loft a thermal sensor and it won't be cheap. The Inspire 2's got a gimbal that will take a FLIR, and there are a few options plus DJI's dual camera.

There are also the concerns of The Editor about export of the tech, and I've needed to get on the phone to get pricing about thermal cameras.

I'm saving up for a Mavic 2 Dual, which at something less than $3000 might be the best deal these days for a thermal sensor with reasonable resolution and features. I bought a Parrot Bebop Thermal, found it's a joke, and sold it on eBay for less than 1/3 of what I paid for it, only had a couple bidders.

Meanwhile, I settled on Yuneec Typhoon H + CGO-ET as the lowest-priced thermal rig and it's very low resolution. The CGO-ET gets thermal plus low-light images in the same video file so it's an easy edit to overlay the low-resolution thermal over the HD visual.

I don't think there's a thermal option for the Inspire 1, might be something if you add the X5 gimbal option or get an Inspire 1 V2 but I haven't found it yet.

Can anybody add to this?
The Inspire 1 will fly a thermal device. The XT

The xt is a great option you can generally find them for under $10,000.00 usd

Thanks so much for adding to this and if anybody else has got better ideas please share.

I'd seen the XT in the past and stopped thinking about it because of the $10K - $13K price. I'm sure that's reasonable for the quality -- the XT is 640px thermal with a whole suite of features for engineers.

The CGO-ET is only 160px thermal, slow at six frames per second so it lags behind the low-light camera. It's a compromise at $1700 and it hangs under a $600 Typhoon that's nowhere near the quality of the Inspire.

The Mavic 2 Dual looks like it's less compromises?

Thanks again for the comments zman and Jeff...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212