Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Battery Station "Battery Saver Spacers"

Reaction score
As soon as I bought the DJI Battery Station, put the batteries in, and took it to a gig - I couldn't stop thinking about how bad it might be for the batteries to stay connected to the terminals while the case is transported (rolled along and vibrating the batteries against the terminals). Come to find out, that isn't the only thing I should be worried about - thanks to another thread on this site about batteries dying after being left in the case.
I spent a lot of money on these batteries and I want them to live as long as possible. So, I asked a friend to 3D print a concept. I have been using these spacers for about a month. The case closes fine and now I have peace of mind while the batteries are in transport, in storage waiting for the next gig, and not connected to the terminals while the controller or CS batteries are charging.
What do you guys think?
Do you think these "Battery Saver Spacers" will help the batteries last longer?

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

cool idea !
any chance to get the printdata of your "spacers".
i do store my batteries external, if i know i don`t use them in the next time.
but i think your idea is simple and clever !

will the batteries go into the slot upside down with the connectors up?

As soon as I bought the DJI Battery Station, put the batteries in, and took it to a gig - I couldn't stop thinking about how bad it might be for the batteries to stay connected to the terminals while the case is transported (rolled along and vibrating the batteries against the terminals). Come to find out, that isn't the only thing I should be worried about - thanks to another thread on this site about batteries dying after being left in the case.
I spent a lot of money on these batteries and I want them to live as long as possible. So, I asked a friend to 3D print a concept. I have been using these spacers for about a month. The case closes fine and now I have peace of mind while the batteries are in transport, in storage waiting for the next gig, and not connected to the terminals while the controller or CS batteries are charging.
What do you guys think?
Do you think these "Battery Saver Spacers" will help the batteries last longer?

View attachment 27322

View attachment 27323

View attachment 27324

View attachment 27325

I would call them "Space Invaders." HA!!!

D

I couldn't stop thinking about how bad it might be for the batteries to stay connected to the terminals while the case is transported (rolled along and vibrating the batteries against the terminals).
I like your solution to storing the batteries in the charging station as far as it goes, but just want to share a related concern about the vibrations while rolling the case that you might want to consider: Damage to the internal charging station electronics themselves. I got my charging station a bit under 2 years ago and have had to send it to DJI for repair twice (receiving replacements each time). Both failures occurred early in my ownership, when I tended to be fairly cavalier about rolling the station around over rough surface in the field. I now treat it much more carefully. I'll happily roll it on smooth flooring inside, or concrete sidewalks that are in good shape. But if there's any risk of extreme vibration, I pick it up and carry it (awkward as that can be). I don't actually know that this has contributed to the longer reliability of this third unit, but I've decided to just treat it with care, just in case. I also have too many pairs of batteries to store and transport them all in the charging station anyway, so I keep mine in a separate case, the "MyCaseBuilder TB50 DJI Inspire 2, Ronin 2, Custom Designed Foam Insert Doro Carrying Case." $80 on Amazon. Works well enough for my purposes, although the foam cut outs are not as snug as I expected. Anyway, your spacers are a nice approach!

Why not just stick a piece of packing foam down there?

* The foam isolates the battery from the electrical connection.
* It also absorbs shock to minimize vibration (a real concern).
* It's cheap or free.
* Super easy to store and/or replace pieces of packing foam.
* Pushes the battery up so the cap rests against the lid foam, thereby protecting the battery at top and bottom.

Just a thought.

D

Reactions: Dell Parker
Why not just stick a piece of packing foam down there?

* The foam isolates the battery from the electrical connection.
* It also absorbs shock to minimize vibration (a real concern).
* It's cheap or free.
* Super easy to store and/or replace pieces of packing foam.
* Pushes the battery up so the cap rests against the lid foam, thereby protecting the battery at top and bottom.

Just a thought.

D
I was thinking the same thing at first. But I made the spacers out of plastic because i knew i wouldnt have to worry about plastic breaking down and possibly getting small particles into the connector area. Foam would be a great temporary solution. I'm a little OCD and I the plastic spacer seem like the best long term solution.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Please post and share the STL file... Would love to print a few up and test u. Out in my TB50 station.

Thanks

CWB

I2
X5S 15mm, 45mm, 14-45mm
Cendence w/ patch
TB50 battery station

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member