Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware 1.3 issues

Reaction score
I just tried to download the firmware 1.3. I have successfully updated my inspire a few times already so i'm pretty sure it's not "pilot error", however this last update is causing headaches. I have tried multiple times to upload the firmware, nothing happens. No beeps, no nothing. I have re-downloaded the software from the website and tried again...... nothing happens. I updated the os on my iPad mini. That seems to have worked ok.
So now the real problem, after spending time trying to upload, now I have a "ESC" error and the motors will not start.
I have multiple questions:
1) is there anyway to tell which version of firmware is actually loaded on the inspire?
2) I understand ESC error is a motor issue and if it is in fact a true error I will have to send it back. Could this error be related to the firmware?
3) I have some pretty big shoots coming in the next month and everything I have read about sending the quad back to DJI is a nightmare. Does anyone have any intel on DroneNerds service record? Would I be better off sending it to them? I know they advertise on this forum so this is a bit like asking the chef which dish really sucks.
Any help would truly be appreciated.

Did you unzip the downloaded file and put the WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin file onto the sd card with NO other folders or files (alone).

Yes, and re-downloaded the zip files to make sure there were no corrupt files AND changed out sd card.....

Did you get a txt file generated on the sd card after you tried to update?
If so, what were its contents..

that's the funny thing, no txt file. Also, I tried the update on the controller and had no txt file using a jump drive. I may try to re-seat the camera for grins.....
iPad under overall status still says I need upgrades. Camera, aircraft, RC, and Battery, ( it's a new battery)

that's the funny thing, no txt file. Also, I tried the update on the controller and had no txt file using a jump drive. I may try to re-seat the camera for grins.....
iPad under overall status still says I need upgrades. Camera, aircraft, RC, and Battery, ( it's a new battery)
This suggests as @Aviator said that you do not have the .bin file in the SD root directory. You need to ensure that you open/decompress the downloaded .zip file and copy only the .bin file to the SD card. Ensure also that the SD card is formatted in your I1 before copying the .bin file onto it.

Greetings, new to this forum. I literally received my Inspire 1 in the mail today and attempted to install v1.3. The update seemed to be installing properly (going by the "beep-beep-beep-beep" mentioned in the directions), but the beeps kept going for almost an hour...then the battery died. Now the battery will not charge and I have a four-pronged paper weight on my desk. Any ideas?

DJI Support told me to contact the retailer for an exchange (or send it in for an 8-week warranty repair). I purchased it from Atlanta Hobby and tried contact technical support, but it was after hours. Does anyone have any info on their customer service?

Greetings, new to this forum. I literally received my Inspire 1 in the mail today and attempted to install v1.3. The update seemed to be installing properly (going by the "beep-beep-beep-beep" mentioned in the directions), but the beeps kept going for almost an hour...then the battery died. Now the battery will not charge and I have a four-pronged paper weight on my desk. Any ideas?

DJI Support told me to contact the retailer for an exchange (or send it in for an 8-week warranty repair). I purchased it from Atlanta Hobby and tried contact technical support, but it was after hours. Does anyone have any info on their customer service?
Welcome to the forum. I hope you fully charged the battery before you started. Deal with your supplier first.

New sd card, formatted, .bin only file, started to download, and then quit after about 10min of normal download activity, indicating with a solid tone. Tried this multiple times.... still fails.
I guess it's back to momma with this one.
Thank you all for your input!

New sd card, formatted, .bin only file, started to download, and then quit after about 10min of normal download activity, indicating with a solid tone. Tried this multiple times.... still fails.
Can you post the contents of the txt file from the sd card..

Here it is:

Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin

========== 2015.08.21 17:33:00 =====================

Upgrading ...

========== 2015.08.22 00:10:46 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:03 remo-con disconnect======

I don't know if this is really a firmware issue or some strange coincidence. The ONLY other thing strange I did was to install Smart Powercharger's Prop Guards. Up until now this has flown without any issues.

Right that is a clue. This update takes at least 40-45 mins and goes through a number of stages with different tones and beeps as it updates the motor control units, the camera and battery. You need to leave it much longer and wait for DDDD tones and the flashing green tail light. The prop guards will have no effect.

Are u using a Mac book, if so open it up in home page, not downloads in finder

I'm using DJI's beta firmware on the Autopilot trial. I had exactly the same problem when doing an update. I tried
Another battery in the machine as a last resort and it completed the upgrade with no error. When I plugged in the first battery I got the error again. I managed to get that battery working by dropping back to an earlier firmware version and then running the update again.

Here is an update on my inspire. There has been a great many horror stories about sending your bird back for repair posted. People are saying expect a 80 day turnaround. Maybe my case was an anomaly, but dji recieved my L1 sept 2nd and by Sept 10 I had fed ex tracking number for its return trip. It had two bad boards which they replaced, did firmware upgrade and test flew it. Not bad if you ask me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop