Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware coming soon...

Reaction score
Website
www.pixelartfilms.com
According to:
ZT_RCGP
DJI Support

"There are two crash cases today and yesterday. Another case: Took off and flied forward onto a car.

We have found out the cause of these cases.
Not a pilot error. It is a bug relative to the IMU.
We will release a safety guide on this.
In general, check the IMU data which the MOD of the accelerometer should be about 1.00 with 0.01 tolerance. Otherwise calibration needed.

New firmware is under testing and will be released soon to fix the bug.
Sorry for that."

This is posted on RCGroup at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30468148&postcount=8651&lang=en

So this means we should not fly our inspires or ? Kind of like the news saying tainted meat in stores stay tuned and will tell you what to do.

So this means we should not fly our inspires or ? Kind of like the news saying tainted meat in stores stay tuned and will tell you what to do.

They have told you what to do. Check your IMU Mod values before you fly and if they are off, do the Advanced Calibration on the IMU. It does not take long to check the the calibration is completed fairly quickly. They will have a permanent solution shortly with a firmware update.

just curious could the inspire have been controlled during auto take off, could the pilot have pulled back on the stick and maybe have saved it?

They have told you what to do. Check your IMU Mod values before you fly and if they are off, do the Advanced Calibration on the IMU. It does not take long to check the the calibration is completed fairly quickly. They will have a permanent solution shortly with a firmware update.
Gotcha the way I read it wasn't for us to check the imu guess i read it to quickly. thats fine i don't have a issue checking as I've done several IMU cals now and have suspected this to a be a issue for a while. The IMU seems to be allot more sensitive in the inspire to numerous things even transport. I'm not sure if you said you sent me a pm but I did not get it. you can re send if you like. thanks

I think it's not needed to turn on the inspire 1 when using the simulator. I hope they can fix this in the update. I the remote and app is enough at leat give a choice.

I have flown my Inspire1 and have not had problems. If this is a firmware problem, why isn't it affecting all Inspire 1's? Should I stop flying till DJI releases new firmware update? Please advise. Thank you.

Right now, the decision to stop flying is your own. I have yet to see DJI recommended grounding until the firmware update. According to a post by Mike Parrott, his bird was calibrated correctly and flew-away shortly after a manual takeoff. This particular report has lead many to voluntarily ground their Inspire until the firmware upgrade.
Does this thing have like a flight data recorder that records both the position and input values of the controller and corresponding and correlating to the movements, power level, controls deflection on the flying unit itself, that ways data can prove it "flew away on its own" and DJI can't get out of its responsibility?

Right now, the decision to stop flying is your own. I have yet to see DJI recommended grounding until the firmware update. According to a post by Mike Parrott, his bird was calibrated correctly and flew-away shortly after a manual takeoff. This particular report has lead many to voluntarily ground their Inspire until the firmware upgrade.
Mines is flying like a champ. Except before firmware upgrade and calibration. Im in love now