Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware Coming

DJI support told me that the new firmware will also fix an issue where the aircraft would make unrequested right turns every now and then.

Reactions: Anticipate
Dumb question

Does the camera need to be attached to do the advanced imu calibration?
My other dumb question, where can I find the advanced imu calibration
thank you

That is great! I have had to calibrate my compus and IMU several times so it would stop flying to the right.
It's better but not 100% as of yet. I have hundred of hours on the Phantom 2 and this craft flys better the my new Inspire 1. So I hope DJI can get the bugs out like they did on the Phantom 2 and 2+.

I don't plan to fly my Inspire 1 until the next FW reliece.

Thx for sharing. Sounds like the UK's Labour party! LOL
Dumb question

Does the camera need to be attached to do the advanced imu calibration?
My other dumb question, where can I find the advanced imu calibration
thank you

I would advise having the camera attached, because when you do an IMU cal, the gimbal takes it's horizon reference off the IMU.
Go to Mode>MC Settings>scroll to Advanced Settings at bottom of page>Sensors> scroll to bottom. Try check IMU first, it will tell you whether you need calibration. After calibration check your sensor mod values, Acceleration mod should be 1.0(+ or - .01), compass between 1400 -1500.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
From everything I am reading, it seems like we should do an IMU calibration after we install/update the latest firmware that we need to download from the DJI site. Is this correct? I'm getting my Inspire on Friday from UAV Direct (Texas).

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
So I have an interesting problem well issue. My INspire flys just fine not issues at all but. when I check my IMU values there is nothing there. I have calibrated my IMU several times on different occasions. anyone know what the issue is ?

So I have an interesting problem well issue. My INspire flys just fine not issues at all but. when I check my IMU values there is nothing there. I have calibrated my IMU several times on different occasions. anyone know what the issue is ?

I experienced the same issue. I solved it by signing out of the app (double tap the home button, scroll sideways through the apps that are open, find the DJI Pilot app, hold your finger on it for a second or two, and swipe it up off the page. This is the only way to actually log off open apps on the iPad.

Once you start the app again, you should find your missing values.

I experienced the same issue. I solved it by signing out of the app (double tap the home button, scroll sideways through the apps that are open, find the DJI Pilot app, hold your finger on it for a second or two, and swipe it up off the page. This is the only way to actually log off open apps on the iPad.

Once you start the app again, you should find your missing values.
thanks I've killed the app in past didn't think about it for the values. thanks they show up now

New update is here, fixing imu issue

Sent from my Dev Note 4

So when I get my Inspire (hopefully tomorrow) I should just have to update firmware on the Inspire craft and the remote, and not do the advanced calibration?

Thanks for your help

So when I get my Inspire (hopefully tomorrow) I should just have to update firmware on the Inspire craft and the remote, and not do the advanced calibration?

Thanks for your help
Me too, be here tomorrow. Got newest firmware bin files on sd and usb stick ready to update…

Sent from my Dev Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421324113398.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1421324113398.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 18
Advanced calibration is recommended even though it is not in the start up guide. I did all updates and when I checked IMU it said "calibration required" before ever flying it. Like someone said, these go through a lot on their way from China and maybe even get x-rayed. Recalibrating a sensor after something like that just seems necessary.

Thanks...

Do you know anything about flying this thing indoors?

I have a shot I'd like to get at our video production facility here in Columbus, Ohio (football capital of the world)...it is about 30 feet high and 80 feet long. I would like to be able to fly and shoot the length of the hallway from about 20 feet, moving very slowly. Obviously, I can't get GPS...and I know the sensors underneath are supposed to make the craft stable, but I'm not sure how stable it will be if I go a bit higher to get this shot. I'm wondering what position I should put the switch (on the remote - not P?) when flying indoors without GPS. I don't want to mess with this if the craft isn't stable at this height. I asked this on the DJI support page and I don't think they understood what I was asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa