Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Guy, New Inspire 2...Any tips for a painless encounter?!!

Reaction score
After flying the original Phantom and the original Mavic I finally bit on a new Inspire 2 Pro. Its sitting on my dining room table, I haven't opened all the parts yet and haven't cracked the instruction book. Is DJI Go 4 the correct version to download? This bird is supposed to come with Apple Pro Res license. I see no documentation of it in the box, any info on how this works? All, any tips for a painless setup are greatly appreciated.

After flying the original Phantom and the original Mavic I finally bit on a new Inspire 2 Pro. Its sitting on my dining room table, I haven't opened all the parts yet and haven't cracked the instruction book. Is DJI Go 4 the correct version to download? This bird is supposed to come with Apple Pro Res license. I see no documentation of it in the box, any info on how this works? All, any tips for a painless setup are greatly appreciated.

If you purchased Inspire from authorized DJI dealer, you have 7 days for return of faulty unit, if memory serves me well ...

1. Before you do anything else, read the manual. Not User Guide, it's not good enough. Don't rush.
2. Read the manual again, make sure you understand all warnings, shortcomings and limitations of Inspire 2. Charge TB50 batteries, charge RC battery. Install DJI Go 4 app on your device, make sure the device is approved/powerful enough to handle the task.
3. Install DJI Assistant 2 software in your PC (downloadable from Inspire 2 web page). Remove props, power RC, power Inspire, launch the app, follow on-screen instructions, activate the drone with your account. Ignore Fly Safe Data warnings at this moment, worry about it later. Notify all other warnings which may eventually pop up. If everything is more or less OK, you'll be awarded with camera image on screen.
4. Launch Assistant software on PC, log in with your DJI account, connect with Inspire via USB cable.
5. Confirm latest FW on Inspire, update if necessary. Recently Inspires are coming with factory installed FW .0400 at the end, this is OK, identical with .0300.
6. Confirm activated ProRes license on this Inspire (License tab in Assistant 2).
7. Address all other possible issues before maiden flight, i.e. IMU/compass calibration etc. Carefully check the displays within DJI Go 4 app, telemetry readings, battery status in particular (after pairing), calibrate RC etc, etc. Don't ignore any red acclamation signs.
8. Shut everything down, reboot, check everything again.
9. Take a coffee break ...

Now you're ready to play with the beast. Baby steps, trust me ... Drive to a wide open field. Launch the bird several feet up, let her hover for a couple minutes, observe. Examine telemetry readings, battery status page etc. Command slow banking left/right, yawing both directions, forward/backward. Stop, observe hovering stability. She may wobble a couple inches up/down/sideways, that's normal. More than a feet wobble is not normal, she must go back to a dealer for replacement. Finally, throttle her up a bit more and start flying forward. She must go straight. If she does, you're one lucky xxxxxxx :)! Good luck ...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you purchased Inspire from authorized DJI dealer, you have 7 days for return of faulty unit, if memory serves me well ...

1. Before you do anything else, read the manual. Not User Guide, it's not good enough. Don't rush.
2. Read the manual again, make sure you understand all warnings, shortcomings and limitations of Inspire 2. Charge TB50 batteries, charge RC battery. Install DJI Go 4 app on your device, make sure the device is approved/powerful enough to handle the task.
3. Install DJI Assistant 2 software in your PC (downloadable from Inspire 2 web page). Remove props, power RC, power Inspire, launch the app, follow on-screen instructions, activate the drone with your account. Ignore Fly Safe Data warnings at this moment, worry about it later. Notify all other warnings which may eventually pop up. If everything is more or less OK, you'll be awarded with camera image on screen.
4. Launch Assistant software on PC, log in with your DJI account, connect with Inspire via USB cable.
5. Confirm latest FW on Inspire, update if necessary. Recently Inspires are coming with factory installed FW .0400 at the end, this is OK, identical with .0300.
6. Confirm activated ProRes license on this Inspire (License tab in Assistant 2).
7. Address all other possible issues before maiden flight, i.e. IMU/compass calibration etc. Carefully check the displays within DJI Go 4 app, telemetry readings, battery status in particular (after pairing), calibrate RC etc, etc. Don't ignore any red acclamation signs.
8. Shut everything down, reboot, check everything again.
9. Take a coffee break ...

Now you're ready to play with the beast. Baby steps, trust me ... Drive to a wide open field. Launch the bird several feet up, let her hover for a couple minutes, observe. Examine telemetry readings, battery status page etc. Command slow banking left/right, yawing both directions, forward/backward. Stop, observe hovering stability. She may wobble a couple inches up/down/sideways, that's normal. More than a feet wobble is not normal, she must go back to a dealer for replacement. Finally, throttle her up a bit more and start flying forward. She must go straight. If she does, you're one lucky xxxxxxx :)! Good luck ...

Good, sound advice. Big jump from Mavic to Inspire (I felt It was when I did it) & I can’t think of anything else to add except good luck & Enjoy ?

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
And, oh, did I mention "You're very welcome!", Dennis?...

Thanks to everyone for tips and comments, and thanks to those who will respond before this thread dies...

Not at all, still figuring things out. Have an issue with a couple of batteries, but they're getting replaced. Bought and installed the Ultima Drone safety package and propeller shims. See Im paying attention.

Not at all, still figuring things out. Have an issue with a couple of batteries, but they're getting replaced. Bought and installed the Ultima Drone safety package and propeller shims. See Im paying attention.
Judging how you go about the preparation for your maiden, I am pretty confident that you'll be ok flying this bird. It is a step up and lot more to keep eye on before and during flight but you get used to it fairly quickly?. Good luck and do not hesitate to ask anything even if you think it might be a silly question. There are no silly questions, only silly answers..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg