Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (12/9/2021)

Sounds like you're trying the right maneuvers to trigger the opm. Try sports mode in windy conditions. When it triggers you get a warning message saying "propulsion has been limited to protect battery". If you're unlucky and in windy conditions, this possibly results in you trying to bring your drone home against the wind and being restricted to hovering thus making no progress toward you. Though, thus far, I've found re-centering the sticks, allows the OPM to cancel and you can try returning home again at a lesser speed than previously used....though it's guesswork as to what level of thrust will trigger the OPM. So, despite potentially being low on battery, you have to keep centering the sticks, let the OPM cancel then try again and hope the thrust level used this time gets you home before the batt dies or OPM triggers again. Can definitely be nerve-wracking.

My question to anyone who's upgraded to the latest firmware is; has the OPM been altered? Can it still be cancelled by centering the sticks and trying again....or is it now even more restrictive?

I wish we could get a small graphic showing health of, or current draw from, the batteries, indicating when the thrust we are demanding could be damaging the batts. Thus we'd know what thrust level to back down from and ideally wouldn't have DJI take control of our drone when we're in potentially stressful situations. I can dream at least
That's definitely a clear message OPM has engaged. Also, great to learn the method to clear it by going to center sticks. The ability to clear is new to me, I hadn't heard it was able to clear once engaged. If cleared, and you don't push hard, are you then able to move forward into the wind with ample power?

Curious, are you using NLD or DH hack on Inspire 2? Was curious if anyone has received the OPM message this is using NLD or DH hack or if that modified or prevented the engagement?

That's definitely a clear message OPM has engaged. Also, great to learn the method to clear it by going to center sticks. The ability to clear is new to me, I hadn't heard it was able to clear once engaged. If cleared, and you don't push hard, are you then able to move forward into the wind with ample power?

Curious, are you using NLD or DH hack on Inspire 2? Was curious if anyone has received the OPM message this is using NLD or DH hack or if that modified or prevented the engagement?
Hey Doug,
No I'm using the stock firmware. Tho its quite reassuring to know NLD and DH firmware hacks exist.

For info for anyone, I bit the bullet and upgraded to .0600 firmware. The number of shots we're losing due to extreme gimbal horizon loss was starting to get noticeable; my gimbal op and I were starting to worry the current client would go from noticing to complaining. Utterly terrifying updating the firmware "during" a job ; usually anathema for me.

Anyway, I'm happy to report it seems to have had little negative effect. The gimbal roll is definitely improved, still loses it a bit, but not half as bad. The OPM is still present but, if anything, seems to maybe be easier to cancel (I received the "power being limited" message a few times in windy weather while in sports mode, but on atleast one of those flights it self-cancelled without me releasing the sticks. This might, might have been possible before, I can't say 100% it wasn't, though I know I def struggled with the OPM on .0500 and found centering the sticks worked.

It now seems to be a little more picky about proximity to metal when powering up and launching. I a number of my jobs are in dusty environs so I often end up launching and landing from car bonnets/roofs to avoid kicking up more dust. Never had much of a problem with this before despite fearing compass calibration issues next to ferric materials, or GPS signal reflection issues etc. Now however I'd say 50% of the time the compass requests re-calibration (away from the metal). Twice, out of about 25 flights it's taken off and lurched in a random direction after about a meter of climbing above the vehicle surface; quick opposite stick control has thus far held this lurching in check for the 2-3 seconds it took for the compass/GPS to re-establish correct functioning/positional-awareness, then normal flight has continued thereafter...bit nerve racking but manageable.

Other than these points I'm not seeing any other problems....if you're not launching from metal surfaces (which we shouldn't do anyway), I reckon, thus far, the .0600 firmware isn't bad.

Hope there are no other surprises!

Hey Doug,
No I'm using the stock firmware. Tho its quite reassuring to know NLD and DH firmware hacks exist.

For info for anyone, I bit the bullet and upgraded to .0600 firmware. The number of shots we're losing due to extreme gimbal horizon loss was starting to get noticeable; my gimbal op and I were starting to worry the current client would go from noticing to complaining. Utterly terrifying updating the firmware "during" a job ; usually anathema for me.

Anyway, I'm happy to report it seems to have had little negative effect. The gimbal roll is definitely improved, still loses it a bit, but not half as bad. The OPM is still present but, if anything, seems to maybe be easier to cancel (I received the "power being limited" message a few times in windy weather while in sports mode, but on atleast one of those flights it self-cancelled without me releasing the sticks. This might, might have been possible before, I can't say 100% it wasn't, though I know I def struggled with the OPM on .0500 and found centering the sticks worked.

It now seems to be a little more picky about proximity to metal when powering up and launching. I a number of my jobs are in dusty environs so I often end up launching and landing from car bonnets/roofs to avoid kicking up more dust. Never had much of a problem with this before despite fearing compass calibration issues next to ferric materials, or GPS signal reflection issues etc. Now however I'd say 50% of the time the compass requests re-calibration (away from the metal). Twice, out of about 25 flights it's taken off and lurched in a random direction after about a meter of climbing above the vehicle surface; quick opposite stick control has thus far held this lurching in check for the 2-3 seconds it took for the compass/GPS to re-establish correct functioning/positional-awareness, then normal flight has continued thereafter...bit nerve racking but manageable.

Other than these points I'm not seeing any other problems....if you're not launching from metal surfaces (which we shouldn't do anyway), I reckon, thus far, the .0600 firmware isn't bad.

Hope there are no other surprises!
Appreciate the update on the .600 and glad to hear no ill effects for you while on the job.

In the end... did the .600 correct gimbal "enough" to remove your concerns of Client complaints?
Best of luck going forward!

Appreciate the update on the .600 and glad to hear no ill effects for you while on the job.

In the end... did the .600 correct gimbal "enough" to remove your concerns of Client complaints?
Best of luck going forward!
Yep I reckon. Atleast enough to make the roll correctable in post. And enough to cut the number of ruined shots down to "laugh-off" level.

Any updates on problems with the last firmware?
Been flying almost every day for the last couple of weeks.
Found possibly one extra issue, in addition to previously posted gps/compass sensitivity near metal launchpad. Stills taken seem to be 2-3 stops overexposed compared to what's shown on the monitor while recording. This may not be .0600 firmware related as I rarely take stills on the I2, may not have noticed it earlier. I have an X7 camera, and use crystalsky monitors showing rec709 lut (while recording ProresHQ 422 in CineEI mode in cinelog). Last week I shot a couple of team photo's just after shooting video. The live images shown on the crystalsky monitors while in photo mode and taking the pictures looked great, but when we viewed the images later on a computer they were sincerely over exposed. Quite alarming and disappointing. Thankfully not deliverable footage, but still annoying not to have a fun team photo.

Re-powered the I2 and tested the stills mode again while back in the hotel and it still seems to be recording stills ~2-3 stops brighter than the live monitored image.

Again, I can't blame this on .0600 firmware for sure as it may have existed on .0500...though I'm pretty sure I took fine photos under that firmware. Would be keen to hear if others have seen this, or is it just my unit, or something I'm doing wrong? Any thoughts gratefully received!

Re the feared OPM it seems to be no better/worse than the .0500 firmware; annoying but manageable. Of course it could actually be saving the I2's flying on ageing batteries from dropping out of the sky, so its hard to be too annoyed....tho i'd still preffer pertinent information be provided on screen rather than control being removed.

Hope all's good guys.

Reactions: Area21
Been flying almost every day for the last couple of weeks.
Found possibly one extra issue, in addition to previously posted gps/compass sensitivity near metal launchpad. Stills taken seem to be 2-3 stops overexposed compared to what's shown on the monitor while recording. This may not be .0600 firmware related as I rarely take stills on the I2, may not have noticed it earlier. I have an X7 camera, and use crystalsky monitors showing rec709 lut (while recording ProresHQ 422 in CineEI mode in cinelog). Last week I shot a couple of team photo's just after shooting video. The live images shown on the crystalsky monitors while in photo mode and taking the pictures looked great, but when we viewed the images later on a computer they were sincerely over exposed. Quite alarming and disappointing. Thankfully not deliverable footage, but still annoying not to have a fun team photo.

Re-powered the I2 and tested the stills mode again while back in the hotel and it still seems to be recording stills ~2-3 stops brighter than the live monitored image.

Again, I can't blame this on .0600 firmware for sure as it may have existed on .0500...though I'm pretty sure I took fine photos under that firmware. Would be keen to hear if others have seen this, or is it just my unit, or something I'm doing wrong? Any thoughts gratefully received!

Re the feared OPM it seems to be no better/worse than the .0500 firmware; annoying but manageable. Of course it could actually be saving the I2's flying on ageing batteries from dropping out of the sky, so its hard to be too annoyed....tho i'd still preffer pertinent information be provided on screen rather than control being removed.

Hope all's good guys.
Which camera mode were you taking the stills in ? This is a along known issue of M mode. The histogram and image simulation on the monitor is not reflective of the true exposure. Therefore I shoot stills in A mode and adjust the exposure with exposure compensation. Then the histogram and image on the monitor reflect the true exposure up to +/- 3 stops over and under.

Last edited:
Which camera mode were you taking the stills in ? This is a along known issue of M mode. The histogram and image simulation on the monitor is not reflective of the true exposure. Therefore I shoot stills in A mode and adjust the exposure with exposure compensation. Then the histogram and image on the monitor reflect the true exposure up to +/- 3 stops over and under.
Hmm, good point, its entirely possible we were in manual; we were switching from video in CineEI mode which means it will likely have maintained the 'manual' state when switching over.
Good info, cheers!

I have had serious compass interference issues.It all started with the last update. Grounded me for a month. I had to install "No Limit Dronez" firmware so I could go back to old firmware and fix the problem.
You can downgrade by connecting your iPad directly to the Inspire 2 and long hold the 3 lines button in the top right corner in the main menu of DJI Go 4

I just put my I2 up and got a red warning triangle stating "Mandatory Update" 01.02.0600, and I thought I would check in here first to see how it went for others. Clearly I'm not the only one waiting to hear back from those few souls who still trust DJI to do the right thing. Since my I2 isn't suffering from gimbal roll, I'll happily ignore this prompt for as long as possible. Good luck to the bold early adopters!

who still trust DJI to do the right thing.
Not willing to take that kind of a leap. Not with just DJI. Goes for any update on ANY device that I use. The better plan is just what you’re doing, research. I tend not to fly any DJI product when connected to the all powerful internet. I’ll power mine up over the weekend and see what pops up.

I just put my I2 up and got a red warning triangle stating "Mandatory Update" 01.02.0600, and I thought I would check in here first to see how it went for others. Clearly I'm not the only one waiting to hear back from those few souls who still trust DJI to do the right thing. Since my I2 isn't suffering from gimbal roll, I'll happily ignore this prompt for as long as possible. Good luck to the bold early adopters!
If your current firmware is stable, dont change anything.

I'm still on .300 and happy with it.

I've got the NoLimitDronez full hack on both my I2's (P4P, M2P, etc). No update for long time, and a new one recently just makes me shy away... I'll stay on last FW x.0500 version supported fully by hacks.

Don't know if the hack, but I don't get version update pushes.

Its been a while since the Inspire 2 firmware V01.02.0500 caused some concerns about premature battery performance and I am sure many pilots did not risk updating. Even when DJI's written advice was the firmware was "important and fixes a critical issue". I was one of those who stayed put. However after putting up with the occasional gimble role issue I am considering updating to V01.02.0600 and ask if anyone out there can advise me on whether to update to this version or not. Below are my current firmware versions.
Aircraft V01.02.0300 Candence Controller V02.00.0190 Camera V01.09.22.22 Go4 App V4.3.42
Any advice appreciated.

I am considering updating my Inspire 2 to V01.02.0600 and ask if anyone out there can advise me on whether to update to this version or not due to previous problems with older versions such as V5 ?
You mentioned an issue with the gimbal. That’s the information I was asking about.

I haven't updated my 2 Inspire 2's... I don't experience in my use the roll to the point it's needing the update.
I have both using the full unlock on NFZ, altitude, etc... and I'd rather have them able to fly when / where needed without all the fuss. Similar, I continue using the I2's for repeatable missions around construction, etc with Litchi and other Software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry