Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (12/9/2021)

New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (12/9/2021)
Look forward to hearing back from the first brave adopters. It is amazing that I2 has been given some attention after being completely abandoned by DJI years ago. Perplexing and perhaps raising hopes that it is not EOL for this bird yet..

Last edited:
Nice! Hopefully there are no surprises
Haha! Oh man, that's a good one. Without question they have crippled and restricted more things. There are probably many more superfluous warnings about all kinds of nonsense. The power limiting and battery life algorithm has probably been locked down tighter. And best of all, it's guaranteed the roll axis errors are not fixed. They know everyone hates that and just use it as the biggest possible carrot to lure the suckers into updating- because otherwise no one would. Not if you know DJI. Never forget: the roll errors were already 'fixed' in .500 .... LOL

Believe me, I wish we could look forward to and simply be excited about these updates but the heavy hand of time (and DJI) has absolutely proven otherwise.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Haha! Oh man, that's a good one. Without question they have crippled and restricted more things. There are probably many more superfluous warnings about all kinds of nonsense. The power limiting and battery life algorithm has probably been locked down tighter. And best of all, it's guaranteed the roll axis errors are not fixed. They know everyone hates that and just use it as the biggest possible carrot to lure the suckers into updating- because otherwise no one would. Not if you know DJI. Never forget: the roll errors were already 'fixed' in .500 .... LOL

Believe me, I wish we could look forward to and simply be excited about these updates but the heavy hand of time (and DJI) has absolutely proven otherwise.
100% agree. There’s no way I’m going to upgrade until they have figured out how to downgrade back from it.

Pick a scene with clearly defined level horizon. Fly sideway from left to right and then change direction from righ to left while recording video. Also rotate the I2 by 90 and 180 deg and fly sideway again changing direction. Watch the horizon if it stays level or tilts from one side to another as you change direction of flying

Totally concur with my fellow I2 upgrade skeptics. I still regret the update I did that totally messed up the battery warnings. Until I figured out what it had done I was pretty freaked out since I was getting temp warnings for no reason. It still burns me that I cannot start a flight without a full battery. When you are out on a project you cannot be messing around with fake warnings and a grounded bird. And of course there was no way to revert to the previous version (WHICH HAD BEEN DOING JUST FINE).....All that said, I wish they would dump the battery warning stuff, dump the geo-fencing (we are pro users and know the FAA and LAANC regs) AND fix the I2 drift issues in a close hover. STILL, I love my I2.....

Reactions: Phillip DeVore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah