Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire Owner With Some Questions!

Reaction score
Hello!

I have finally received my Inspire after waiting for my supplier to get stock. Im in the UK.

First impressions are very good indeed. I have spent some hours going through the app, reading the manual, updating the firmware and generally getting accustomed to the Inspire before I make my maiden flight.

However, I do have a few questions if you would be kind enough to help me, or point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

Firstly, is there any way I can find out the manufacture date of my Inspire from its serial number? I also note that there is a "Date Code" on the sticker with the serial numbers. But I cannot decipher it.

Secondly, If the throttle stick is pulled down to its lowest point whilst the Inspire is in the air, will the motors stop?

Reason I ask is that when I used my Phantom I had a habit of pulling the throttle down to its lowest point when descending from high altitude to land. The Phantom did not cut power to the motors and I just wanted to check before I fly. Last thing I want is the Inspire falling out of the sky at 200ft and landing on someone's head!

And another reason I ask this is because I was testing the landing gear in my lounge and had the Inspire about 1 meter off the ground (being held in my hand, props off) and pulled the throttle down to its lowest point and the motors stopped after a couple of seconds.

Probably a stupid question but wanted to make sure!

Just in the process of making some pre and post flight checklists and I am ready for my first flight!

Hey TR1PL3D...
Welcome!!
Not sure where to find the manufacturer date..
As long as you don't pull both sticks down to the center while flying you'll be all good!!
This will cause the motors to shut down!!
It's a safety feature in case you need to ditch your air craft..
Pulling the left stick directly down will only kill the motors if the inspire has stopped descending ..
Make sure you understand how to do the compass calibration correctly to insure safe and fun flights!!
Enjoy!!
Turbo..20150512123529.jpg

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1