Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Modes

Reaction score
As the thread title says, i have to say, i look at things from a slightly different perspective, i have 2 x inspires, and i am really impressed with them. I actually use them for work and cannot fault them.

BUT, it is not really suited for the modes they have just implemented, i get the way points, but it is cumbersome and awkward to set up, you have too much else to do in the air without starting to think about such think, i can't say about the follow mode on the P3 as i don't have one, but if it is anything like the 3DR Solo, then i image that to be clunky and cumbersome too...

I have had the advantage of flying with the soon coming Airdog... There is no comparison, i know they are a completely different type of drone, but to me, if you want something to od the job properly, then buy the correct tools. We are already starting to see mistakes from people who don't understand how the auto stuff works, and we will see a lot more for sure, maybe we will see the same when Airdog starts to get into peoples hands as well...

Just not sure that this is the right way to go with drones that are not really built for that market... The future will see it all in 1 drone for sure though...!!!

People are always gonna make mistakes and most will learn from their mistakes.
Such is life.

I get that. Just thinking out loud i guess...!

It certainly adds no value to the price of the i1 that is for sure ;) And with prices coming down, we are going to see many more in the sky... ;)

Haven't flown the new Firmware yet but it's being flashed on the 2 Inspires in the shop. From the demos posted here, I get why flying a course would be useful over simply mapping... Object avoidance (just as in follow me), planning and rehearsing camera movements come to mind and I'm sure I've missed something.

For me, this keeps the pilots head in the process of safe navigation and frees the camera op to nail the shot.

Follow me feels a little silly for a costly rig and likely not something I'd need in a shoot. Feels better suited to the hobbyist level Phantom.

Glad the technology is progressing and, just like us all, can't wait for more of the same.

Sidenote... prepaid for a Lily just for fun. We'll see.

Feels like an update for the Phantoms that was hacked together for the inspire, as a second thought. Wish the i1 had enough priority to DJi for development.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Sidenote... prepaid for a Lily just for fun. We'll see.

Lucky man... I think... Not so sure it is going to be what you expected... Hexo+ was the same market and they changed course under development and have not remained true to what they started, and the Airdog HAS remained true, i pure out and out action drone... They start shipping on the 14th this month to KS backers... ;)

No real hopes... more curious of anything you are supposed to throw off a bridge and expect to get back. My experience with these experimental or crowd funded things hasn't been so great, but you never know right?

Airdog seems to be more of a purpose built UAV as opposed to a more general purpose UAV such as the Phantom or I1.

Airdog is purpose built for sure, and crowd funding is a huge risk, i remember watching the LilyCamera and thinking oh my god, that thing will never work, i had already backed the Airdog through Kickstarter.

Sure enough, they took the prototype out with a journalist, and it failed big time, the positive is that everyone has moved on from this now, and the knowledge is much greater. Still don't get this throw and fly, and the leash will most definitely not work if in your pocket that is a fact.

Anyway, the Airdog, you can put in a receiver and attach an RC and fly it as a normal drone, no control of the camera mind, but still cool.

On a slightly different note, i have actually already flown with the Airdog, they invited me over to Latvia for 3 days with them... ;)

Will say, on a rainy day, the new flight modes are fun to play with in the simulator. Feel ready to check them out in the field

Just had confirmation via phone call from Latvia and Airdog that my beta unit is being shipped on the 14th September... ;)

I think this will be an interesting few months as the new drones start to hit the market and push DJI to up there game to a place where they stay in front...

With the 3DR Solo, the Airdog, Hexo+, LilyCamera and others like GoPro getting into the market, there are going to be many more...

One that most of you will not of heard of is www.staaker.com a Norwegian based company in the same market as the other automated drones, they have come a long way with no one even being aware of them. And they are now going to jump into the market as well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla